• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

So, for replacing Scott, the guy that is gone, I still have my favorite.  I’ve seen no better candidates out there.   Herman? Maybe.  A splash? No.  Chadwell?  With caution.  Neon Deion?  Why would he?

Into whose hands is MK going to place his career?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

So, for replacing Scott, the guy that is gone, I still have my favorite.  I’ve seen no better candidates out there.   Herman? Maybe.  A splash? No.  Chadwell?  With caution.  Neon Deion?  Why would he?

I'm guessing it's one that won't have to re-locate to take over .................... I did tell you he wasn't at the MBB game Thursday, right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I like CJL but also worry about a loss of nostalgia and the dream that there is something out there that can save us, sometimes the dog isn’t supposed to catch the mail truck because the dream of it is better than the cold reality of getting ran over. After that I like Deion because of nil money, recruiting, positive and more frequent hype and just overall fun even if it doesn’t materialize into anything. Beyond that I have a few I’m politely indifferent about and are most of the top names tossed about minus a few that are part of the i hate this idea group most candidates find themselves in. Out of things that are likely to be able to make happen I have a soft spot for Da Prato because he seems excited and brings that excitement with him and I haven’t seen that in 13 years, he is acting like he has nothing to lose but he has the added advantage of not having anything to actually lose but I also recognize that no one would actually be able to make that hire in our current climate. Make USF fandom fun again, that’s probably my biggest requirement. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, BDYZR said:

Why would you be afraid that USF is investing heavily in the future? That's not exactly sitting on their hands GOING FORWARD. If I'm a prospective coach that would excite the heck out of me. And as a fan the future excites me. I'm excited that USF is finally waking up to the realities of where the football team, and sports in general, can take us.

No, I didn't mean that I'm afraid of them investing. I'm afraid they won't keep investing. Also, just being overly pessimistic because I can see them saying...."Well we just built an IPF and stadium. We don't need to spend money for the next 10 years on football."

But you're right, as a coach, who will be here for at most 5 years it will obviously be great having a new IPF and potential stadium. Hopefully recruiting will return on those investments.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

No no no no no no no no. 

Wow.  Uh... What?  

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,373
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Wow.  Uh... What?  

Nothing burgers. Just another coach trying to get the USF gig. USF is still a good destination job imo. Won’t be surprised if we see that former Bucs special teams coach come up again. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

ESPN (insider) article update:

image.png.48f359a3fc415d9446634ad9e49bc26e.png

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

No no no no no no no no. 

Probably akin to the yearly Rich Basaccia hat throw-in

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Probably akin to the yearly Rich Basaccia hat throw-in

Rich Bassaccia is like a bad penny.  Every time there's a USF coaching search his name pops up 

• Haha 1