• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS a difference maker?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why in the hell does anyone care if it is fiscally irresponsible?  I think it would help generate some excitement once we procure a coach with a clue.  Can’t we simply raise fees on the students to help pay for it?  I will be excited if we become competitive again and I will like it and that is what is important.  if it puts the University in a little red ink then who really cares, we are well endowed. 

Because i would like to make sure it is an important and impactful change and until we resolve that 5k are going to watch us lose to teams they just learned existed that morning there is no reason to build a $300 million shrine to failure. The best defense anyone can come up with is well it should have happened 20 years ago, which I don’t even buy into that but even if I did what does that have to do with now? $300 million is enough to change our trajectory to whatever we want it to be but spent on a stadium is a dated solution that will excite a few thousand people for exactly one season before they realize going defeated against the likes of FAU still isn’t fun no matter where it’s happening.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, puc86 said:

Because i would like to make sure it is an important and impactful change and until we resolve that 5k are going to watch us lose to teams they just learned existed that morning there is no reason to build a $300 million shrine to failure. The best defense anyone can come up with is well it should have happened 20 years ago, which I don’t even buy into that but even if I did what does that have to do with now? $300 million is enough to change our trajectory to whatever we want it to be but spent on a stadium is a dated solution that will excite a few thousand people for exactly one season before they realize going defeated against the likes of FAU still isn’t fun no matter where it’s happening.

Sad and true.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why stop at 300 M, I say double it then double it again and let the generations after me worry about paying for it.  I may not like what's on, but I can enjoy the accomodations.

Edited by Cornada

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

Let's stay with the status quo and keep the low engagement as the money dries up.  🤔

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I am for the OCS and winning with a coaching staff that we should spend some money on. I just prefer having a competent coaching staff which would be an increase in salary to win over a  OCS on the pecking order. If we are playing anywhere as bad as we are playing now at the OCS with Jeff Scott it will be a ghost town in a few games.

This is obvious, the team we have fielded the last 4-5 years is trash and if we continue this trajectory then we are doomed.  This team doesn’t just lose but we get thrashed and are out of the game most of the time by the end of the first quarter.  You would like to think that we can turn the corner once we get a new regime. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The decision is not spend 300 million on a stadium or spend it another way for the football team.  It is spend 300 million on a stadium or continue to play at a much too big venue 11 miles from campus. The decision only seems lousy because our team is garbage, this is subject to change if we replaced the guy coaching our team.  

I think the idea is being sold as a way to solve the lousiness and there is no evidence that building a smaller stadium solves your conference or helps you win even a single game. If all winning p5 teams played in an OCS and all losing G5 teams played in a rental then sure that makes sense but when that’s not the case it looks like people not knowing a solution to their problems and punting the issue to allow them to suck from the usf tit as they pass the buck of requirements to be successful back to the people they are already fleecing. Show success, improve things with the way too much you are already given and then sure let’s build on that. Our dollar spent per win would require a budget the size of A&M and Texas combined and the stadium is going to be net negative to that end if anyone makes any effort to fully audit the budget. 

Edited by Brad
Remove more Frisco name calling

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the idea is being sold as a way to solve the lousiness and there is no evidence that building a smaller stadium solves your conference or helps you win even a single game. If all winning p5 teams played in an OCS and all losing G5 teams played in a rental then sure that makes sense but when that’s not the case it looks like people not knowing a solution to their problems and punting the issue to allow them to suck from the usf tit as they pass the buck of requirements to be successful back to the people they are already fleecing. Show success, improve things with the way too much you are already given and then sure let’s build on that. Our dollar spent per win would require a budget the size of A&M and Texas combined and the stadium is going to be net negative to that end if anyone makes any effort to fully audit the budget. 

I am not in the camp of believing we build this thing and our problems are over, I simply think having this on campus will generate some excitement, loyalty and loads of fun if we are better.  If we continue to play like this then of course it will be empty, only sadistic fans tune in nowadays and even that group is dwindling.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Why in the hell does anyone care if it is fiscally irresponsible?  I think it would help generate some excitement once we procure a coach with a clue.  Can’t we simply raise fees on the students to help pay for it?  I will be excited if we become competitive again and I will like it and that is what is important.  if it puts the University in a little red ink then who really cares, we are well endowed. 

You are joking right? Taxing people (students) goes against all your political beliefs.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You are joking right? Taxing people (students) goes against all your political beliefs.

They are getting free money from the government anyways so it only makes sense to divert some of this helicopter cash over to the OCS.