• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS a difference maker?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

You'd like the Glazer's to keep getting money that should be going to us?

Not everyone does, or should, own a house.  Sometimes renting isn't a bad thing.  Just let me know when you expect to turn a profit. Like I said, I'm in the minority on this and know that.  Would feel better about it if I knew of some deal behind the scenes to get us into the ACC or Big 12. And I know there is no chance of getting into one of those without an OCS even though UCLA seemed to make it work for their new conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Everyone seems to think that we build a new OCS and we will start winning.  CSU and a few of the others built new stadiums and it doesn't seem to have helped in their winning percentage.  Looks like we will be the same.  I'd rather have the worst house in a great neighborhood then the best house in the worst neighborhood.  Winning should be priority one unless there are behind the scenes negotiating that gets us in a real conference

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Everyone seems to think that we build a new OCS and we will start winning. 

It's more about building the tradition on the campus vs. the atmosphere that exists now.  More upside and engagement is possible in the long run.  Or stay by the strip clubs.  

• Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Exactly! OCS or bust imo 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

What you say? Not every team with an OCS wins a national title or fills it up every week?  I'm shocked! I know I'm in the minority but if this comes in over $300 million I believe it is just reckless spending.  $200 million? Maybe.

I'm in favor of OCS....if someone else other than me pays for it...if it's my money I'm staying at RayJay

8 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Unless the new stadium creates net cash inflow all things considered...then yes but I can understand the argument i'm not happy paying for my wife's 20 Dollar stadium beers anymore than the next guy

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not everyone does, or should, own a house.  Sometimes renting isn't a bad thing.  Just let me know when you expect to turn a profit. Like I said, I'm in the minority on this and know that.  Would feel better about it if I knew of some deal behind the scenes to get us into the ACC or Big 12. And I know there is no chance of getting into one of those without an OCS even though UCLA seemed to make it work for their new conference. 

Don’t worry I got your back cuz, there is no way to show a profit from the stadium without having 20 different accounts having ins and outs that appear to make it look nicely balanced. One account with a double-entry ledger would show we will lose money every year but make it up in volume. We would be hard pressed to come up with a worse time to have a worse idea, it’s disgustingly fiscally irresponsible.

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It's more about building the tradition on the campus vs. the atmosphere that exists now.    

I agree. The downside is the tradition will take a long time to develop

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Don’t worry I got your back cuz, there is no way to show a profit from the stadium without having 20 different accounts having ins and outs that appear to make it look nicely balanced. One account with a double-entry ledger would show we will lose money every year but make it up in volume. We would be hard pressed to come up with a worse time to have a worse idea, it’s disgustingly fiscally irresponsible.

Why in the hell does anyone care if it is fiscally irresponsible?  I think it would help generate some excitement once we procure a coach with a clue.  Can’t we simply raise fees on the students to help pay for it?  I will be excited if we become competitive again and I will like it and that is what is important.  if it puts the University in a little red ink then who really cares, we are well endowed. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why in the hell does anyone care if it is fiscally irresponsible?  I think it would help generate some excitement once we procure a coach with a clue.  Can’t we simply raise fees on the students to help pay for it?  I will be excited if we become competitive again and I will like it and that is what is important.  if it puts the University in a little red ink then who really cares, we are well endowed. 

I am for the OCS and winning with a coaching staff that we should spend some money on. I just prefer having a competent coaching staff which would be an increase in salary to win over a  OCS on the pecking order. If we are playing anywhere as bad as we are playing now at the OCS with Jeff Scott it will be a ghost town in a few games.