• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS a difference maker?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Aren't we trying to emulate CSU and their stadium?  Maybe an on campus stadium wont make a difference.

dVvuXpFI_normal.jpg

The BOTTOM 25 teams in college football 👀 (Via ) 1. Colorado State 2. Colorado 3. Hawaii 4. UMass 5. New Mexico State 6. Akron 7. Charlotte 8. Utah State 9. USF 10. FIU Thoughts?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

What you say? Not every team with an OCS wins a national title or fills it up every week?  I'm shocked! I know I'm in the minority but if this comes in over $300 million I believe it is just reckless spending.  $200 million? Maybe.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

45 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What you say? Not every team with an OCS wins a national title or fills it up every week?  I'm shocked! I know I'm in the minority but if this comes in over $300 million I believe it is just reckless spending.  $200 million? Maybe.

You'd like the Glazer's to keep getting money that should be going to us?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If rather spend money on good coaching first then ocs second. If you are still losing at this rate an ocs won't fix the dying fan base. If you have a good coach that wins big games people will show up at the ocs and Ray j. Ocs will be a nice addition but at what cost?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If rather spend money on good coaching first then ocs second. If you are still losing at this rate an ocs won't fix the dying fan base. If you have a good coach that wins big games people will show up at the ocs and Ray j. Ocs will be a nice addition but at what cost?

Why not both?

31 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Why not both?

I did not say not both.  I prioritized coaching  over ocs.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Outlaw said:

I did not say not both.  I prioritized coaching  over ocs.

I imagine that they are two different work streams and booked differently.  So they would both be in parallel.  So both can be prioritized high at the same time.  😀

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I imagine that they are two different work streams and booked differently.  So they would both be in parallel.  So both can be prioritized high at the same time.  😀

I'd rather win first with good coaching then have an ocs and go 1-22 or worse ih fbs football. They are both independent of each other. Ideally I'd love to win and have an ocs at usf.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The OCS will not win games. It won't guarantee attendance.

However, I think having our own home to use how we see fit is important and long overdue. 

Unfortunately we did not build when one of these cost $100 million and if we wait too long it would be $500 million.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, SANJAYBULL said:

The OCS will not win games. It won't guarantee attendance.

However, I think having our own home to use how we see fit is important and long overdue. 

Unfortunately we did not build when one of these cost $100 million and if we wait too long it would be $500 million.

It'll build tradition and elevate the campus atmosphere for students, putting the commuter school reputation in the past. I know people who didn't even bother applying to USF because they didn't have an on campus stadium. To some students in the south having a fun football gameday experience is 100% a factor in where they go.

I'd like to see numbers on what percentage of students now go their entire USF careers without ever attending a game. There is no doubt that goes down when they can stroll from their dorms drunk with their friends to a game. In turn, more students will eventually become season ticket holders 

Edited by bulloni