• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After a 22 pt win???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

I saw a lot of good plays from USF last night to know that we have the playmakers to make things happen. Once we see more consistency, I Bullieve we will be fine.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

How are some of us this miserable? With the transfer rules and N.I.L. deals, the college football landscape has changed. Our defense had 3 takeaways and our offense scored 6 touchdowns. 

I get the fact that there is perceived blood in the water, but come on. We got a win against a team that gave us it's best shot. 

I'm sure every team that plays us circles their calendar expecting their 'Syracuse game'. We will not have any 'give me' games. So everything we get we will have to earn. There will be no teams who lose their will to fight because our name was mentioned. I'm so glad our players are going against the gators and not some of our "enjoy our only win" fans. 

I know you all remember how teams would respond under CCS when they started to lose. They would lose their will to fight and spiral downwards. This team has a fight in them and they will be scary good when it all gels. 

I know optimism is frowned upon here, but my family and I enjoyed the game yesterday. My least favorite part was listening to a 'fan' berate the players right on our sideline. They shouldn't have to face an opposing team AND our fan base.

Either way, glad we got the win and go Bulls!

Every college football team has TWO opponents every week:

1 -- The team they are facing on the field.

2 -- The (often unrealistic) expectations of their fan base.

Yesterday USF beat the team on the field... but they were blown out of the water by the expectations of the fan base.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I appreciate the optimism here, @Trombull.  I did feel a bit sheepish by the end of the game to be so harsh for a three TD win.  With the sun up and yesterday’s alcohol processed, I can catch some of that optimistic vibe and remember that this season happens one game at a time.  I’ve seen crazier things happen than, say, the Bulls competing with or even beating a lackluster UF next week.  The difference this time will be that I won’t hold out any hope that it will happen, as I always used to.  But that doesn’t mean I or any Bulls fan should wring our hands and say the sky is falling or **** on our players.  Appreciate your message and hope others can catch a bit of it too.

• Like 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Some people can point out reality positive or negative and not be emotional about it.  It's not "miserable" just observing results.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I know optimism is frowned upon here,

Great post except this which just encourages more negative ranting.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'm happy we won but the game had another slow start by a Scott led team. He mentioned pre game a fast start and they didn't do it at home vs a medicore team. 

The offense will be ok...they need to run Mangham less and maybe even less Weaver till he loses the drops. We have playmakers, we have potential on offense it just needs to be dialed in.  Can the coaches do that...is to be seen. 

Defense is what I'm really disappointed in. I wanted to see a them dominate a bad FCS offense and it didn't happen...we should dominate with talent alone even if we have players out.  Alabama State held Howard to 13 points and around 200 yards of offense.

ECU game will tell us alot. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

A 22pt win…against a team that is 0-2 in the FCS. 

Yes, there is major cause for concern. We were losing for a good amount of the game. 
And CJS dances in the locker room??

Ooooof. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

On the Defense side we did not play 4 starters, so that hurts when that’s our weakest side.

Most important thing going forward is to stop teams from running the ball, until that happens our only shot is out scoring them

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HyperBullee said:

Bohannon is head and shoulders above Timmy.

I'm not quite so sure he's leaps and bounds better.  I was and still am enthusiastic about having him here but from what I've seen so far, he doesn't seem to check down very much and locks in on the first WR target and lets it rip.  He did it in the game against BYU and I saw more of it during this game.

Also, I love/hate the deep throw he had late in the game but even that was double coverage...the WR made an exceptional catch on a dangerous throw that could've ended up with bad results.

I still have hope for Bohannon and am glad we have him....just not so sure about the leaps and bounds assessment.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Great post except this which just encourages more negative ranting.  

Passive aggressive,  I know. I apologize. The last time I had a positive post I earned a down vote or two so I was prepping for a similar response.