• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After a 22 pt win???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

optimism is frowned upon here

Not by all of us. Go Bulls! 🤘

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

We gave up 400 yards against an fcs team. We barely scored on them if it were not for turnovers. There is something wrong with this team. It’s the same when we were 7-0 with Charlie Strong. Something is not right. We all see it and feel it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

Any real football fan can tell Howard had could have easily scored 2-3 more td’s had it not been for turnovers. Bad they made us resort to passing we lose. They for most of the game looked like the more put together team. Their safety and db’s were playing physical daring us to beat them and we didn’t. While we won by alot we did not dominate and we didn’t get better from week 1. Theres alot to be concerned about. 

on a side note:

some of our back ups showed more passion and motor than our starters and i take that any day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Mango028 said:

some of our back ups showed more passion and motor than our starters and i take that any day. 

Actually that was probably the only positive thing I took from this game.  Especially on defense, some of those. 2nd team guys played with more passion and toughness than the first team.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Mango028 said:

Any real football fan can tell Howard had could have easily scored 2-3 more td’s had it not been for turnovers. Bad they made us resort to passing we lose. They for most of the game looked like the more put together team. Their safety and db’s were playing physical daring us to beat them and we didn’t. While we won by alot we did not dominate and we didn’t get better from week 1. Theres alot to be concerned about. 

on a side note:

Most of them just haven’t gotten enough of CJS’ culture conversion, don’t worry they too with have the passion ripped out from them as they learn the CJS way

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

This is how bad it is. In old usf days we look at thid upcoming game as what we thrive in. The underdog…we knew every team coming in knew it and we elevated our game play. 

now we are a stat builder team. Every struggling offense puts up their record #’s against us and we will see the same thing from gators. They looked horrible and will make up all of that production vs us and guys will be wide open running for days

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

We gave up 400 yards against an fcs team. We barely scored on them if it were not for turnovers. There is something wrong with this team. It’s the same when we were 7-0 with Charlie Strong. Something is not right. We all see it and feel it. 

400 yards sure, but did they score? Barely scoring is still scoring because last year's team couldn't do that. Turnovers are apart of the game and two were forced.

We were all burned from losing,  I get it. But we won and shouldn't be upset or miserable because of it. Is our team better than it was last year in my opinion, yes. Are we Alabama? No, but neither is Alabama. 

Last year I felt like we were held together by tape hoping to not fall apart. This year I simply feel like we are not executing. I see flashes of greatness. Can't capitalize on opportunities without talent. The talent is there and the will to win is there. 

Our perception is our reality. And I choose to believe that our team has the talent to not only compete, but win the majority of the games left on the schedule. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

45 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

This. That experience taught me a good lesson and I feel the exact same way today.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Not miserable. However, It’s very concerning that the equivalent of a JC team, acquired 20 pts. Our team looks listless (at times), confused, inept, fragile and very unstable. It is very hard to say with confidence that things are on the upswing. Also, keep in mind that QB1 has looked significantly sub-par.

Edited by ahoyboy