• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After a 22 pt win???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Look at the bright side after THIS 22pt win, if you wanted to take a December vacation, book it! There darn sure won't be any bowl games for USF.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Seems like the team plays with little confidence which comes from the coaching.  How many designed QB runs have we seen?  Coaches are scared to run GB because they’re not confident in Marsh if he gets hurt.  This lack of confidence in the players seems to have infected the entire team.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Look at the bright side after THIS 22pt win, if you wanted to take a December vacation, book it! There darn sure won't be any bowl games for USF.

Yep. If we are still learning how to beat FCS teams in Year 3, then we are definitely not going to a bowl. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

400 yards sure, but did they score? Barely scoring is still scoring because last year's team couldn't do that. Turnovers are apart of the game and two were forced.

We were all burned from losing,  I get it. But we won and shouldn't be upset or miserable because of it. Is our team better than it was last year in my opinion, yes. Are we Alabama? No, but neither is Alabama. 

Last year I felt like we were held together by tape hoping to not fall apart. This year I simply feel like we are not executing. I see flashes of greatness. Can't capitalize on opportunities without talent. The talent is there and the will to win is there. 

Our perception is our reality. And I choose to believe that our team has the talent to not only compete, but win the majority of the games left on the schedule. 

People here forget how much “bend-don’t-break” defense gets played at the G5 level.

We were without starters on the defense and the ones that are on the roster, in general, are carryovers from the CCS era. Is our d-line an issue? Absolutely. And so is that the plight of most teams at this level.

We are definitely a better team than the last 2 seasons; granted, I don’t even want to count the 2020 season. 

Once Gerry and the team got settled and saw some points on the board, they played better. Again, that is the case for most teams in college football. This team is more confident and talented than we have seen under CJS thus far. They just need to play like it consistently. And I think we will see that more as we get into conference play. 4-5 wins (with a surprise sprinkled) is in front of this team. Olé! (Go Bulls. 🤘🏾)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

400 yards sure, but did they score? Barely scoring is still scoring because last year's team couldn't do that. Turnovers are apart of the game and two were forced.

We were all burned from losing,  I get it. But we won and shouldn't be upset or miserable because of it. Is our team better than it was last year in my opinion, yes. Are we Alabama? No, but neither is Alabama. 

Last year I felt like we were held together by tape hoping to not fall apart. This year I simply feel like we are not executing. I see flashes of greatness. Can't capitalize on opportunities without talent. The talent is there and the will to win is there. 

Our perception is our reality. And I choose to believe that our team has the talent to not only compete, but win the majority of the games left on the schedule. 

Your optimism will not change this team. We can pin this conversation and revisit. I will gladly eat crow but I have been watching our bulls since 2001 and I am seeing a bad pattern here. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

I’m glad I didn’t see a snap of this game as I fell out on the couch early. But I did see the Battie had a 100 yard game , we forced turnovers, and scored 42 points with just 21 minutes of ball control. I’ll take it. And after yesterday the Sunbelt doing what they did, I’ll take it.

Edited by jchem1995
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I was optimistic when CJS named Bohannon the starter. I assumed that he must have been a terrific QB if CJS was willing to risk losing McClain. So far Bohannon has been mediocre at best, and disappointing at worst. 

We're not a competitive team right now. And we will find out just how bad this team is next week in Gainesville. It won't be pretty.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153

10 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I was optimistic when CJS named Bohannon the starter. I assumed that he must have been a terrific QB if CJS was willing to risk losing McClain. So far Bohannon has been mediocre at best, and disappointing at worst. 

We're not a competitive team right now. And we will find out just how bad this team is next week in Gainesville. It won't be pretty.  

Bohannon is head and shoulders above Timmy. Is he risky with the ball early? Yes. The guy is trying to make plays. That can be corrected. He overthrew quite a few balls yesterday but his touch got better as the game progressed. 

Our team is not ready to play an SEC team right now; SHOCKER. If you are looking to see if this team get beat up next week, you will get your wish because that is the expectation. Like expecting rain in July down here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

How are some of us this miserable?

******* nailed it. If I was as miserable as some come across I'd get as far away from USF football as possible since they've apparently written the ******* season off already. Obviously they want to try and bring everyone else down to their miserable level because misery does indeed love company.

The bringing up of the 7 game win streak under Chuck is a perfect example of the sick mindset of a portion of our fan base. Rather than just enjoy the streak while it lasted, many preemptively bitched and moaned about the inevitable crash predicted ....... miserable indeed.

And to make this even worse, IMO, we now have at least two players involved with this board, one who had a helluva game last night, that could read this **** immediately following a win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

My biggest concern from the game. Is our front four continues the pattern from last year of being too small and teams are able to run thru us for huge gains. Until we improve on that, we will need to outscore people and win games 48-42.

The offense yesterday, specially at the start seemed to be pressing from the start, trying too hard to go for the big play and fast score. Once they settled down and included the running game in, it was fine.

The Defense did cause some turnovers, which some have mentioned, we turned into TDS, but really none of those TDs were in easy scoring territory, so props to the defense for causing them and the offense for driving for the scores.

Unless something magically happens, this team will need turnovers on defense and the offense to score over 42 points each game to win.

Now let’s see if they can do that in conference, because I still think without Four wins this year, there will be a coaching change and the schedule has few give me games.

Right now I only see Temple and @ Tulsa as games we can win using our offense.

At 3-9 will Scott be around? Or will the defense improve enough for more?

Edited by Cubanbull