• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some random things

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

I live outside of Augusta and I wear USF gear all of the time. I constantly get people telling me, "Go Bulls". 

I hear green is a good color to wear in Augusta. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Was up in northern Georgia for a week and a half.  Seems everyone up there is from Florida. But two things stuck out. 

First, we were driving to dinner from the AirBnB we were in and walking toward us is a guy with a USF Track and Field T-shirt. Turned out he lived in the house next to the one we were renting.

The other, pull into a restaurant parking lot in a little town and a County Sheriff's car is sitting next us.  The Deputy/Sheriff is sitting there with his window down. I get out of the car and hear "Go Bulls". Looked at my shirt and it wasn't USF. Then realized he saw our front plate. Chatted with him for a few minutes and found he was a 2014 graduate. 

Unrelated, I was talking with a neighbor this morning and he said he just dropped off his daughter at FSU as a freshman.  Told me he's been a lifelong Gator fan but now will be wearing the Garnet and Gold. I asked how he could do that if we went to UF.  He said he didn't go to UF, went to USF.  Was there when football started but could never shake the Gator thing and mentioned how on a recent visit to USF campus how it still feels like a commuter school.  Said how at FSU kids can walk 1/2 mile and be at the bars and restaurants and how USF will never have that. Made me depressed and wondered how an OCS will change that.

Dropped my oldest off at Texas Tech and they have a strip of bars within a few blocks from her apartment and they are always live, 25 cent shots, cheap buckets of beers and pitchers.  We didn’t have that proximity when I went to school but I still found a way to hit the local bars, (nickel and quarter beer, bring a mug, 5 dollars all you can drink, kill a keg etc.)party’s and was out 4-5 times a week, we simply drank and drove more often I guess.
I was in Norman watching The U get spanked in Miami gear the day USF beat Auburn.  I flipped on that day after realizing we had a legitimate team, many (especially those before or early football years) simply need a reason, something to happen to become hooked.  Having an OCS makes it feel like a real college atmosphere and not just a game which is necessary to attract the casual fans. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Not sure why you're depressed. The kids will find away and there are some places within walking distance .........and an OCS isn't supposed to change any of that. It's supposed to get them within walking distance of where their team is playing.

Moreso about the fact the guy is a USF grad and didn't consider becoming a USF fan. Afraid there is more of that than not.

Heard somewhere that USF is setting a record this year of 6,600 students in dorms on campus this year. Maybe there's hope.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for sharing your cool Go Bulls moments from your trip, Mr. T. I used to love running into those rare USF people when I lived in Maryland. It made for nice little bonding moments. After being back in Tampa for a year, I have to stop myself from saying "Go Bulls!" to everybody I see wearing USF gear around town because there are way too many of those folks around here. 

I do not think USF is a commuter school anymore. I'm sort of surprised anyone still thinks that. When I drive past all the on campus housing and see all the new on campus restaurants and other facilities (we've got a Publix after all), the last thing I think of is commuter school (even compared to FSU's campus), but I guess everyone sees things how they see them. 

Anyone who attended USF before football can be forgiven if they WERE a {insert other school here} college football fan at the time. Coming to USF from Palm Beach County in the '80s meant I was a UM fan for football, but the second USF fielded a football team I stopped being a Hurricane fan. 

Hopefully, this season will bring in or bring back a lot of the casual USF alumni. We'll see soon... 🤘

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Moreso about the fact the guy is a USF grad and didn't consider becoming a USF fan. Afraid there is more of that than not.

Heard somewhere that USF is setting a record this year of 6,600 students in dorms on campus this year. Maybe there's hope.

That I get but it's been that way forever so I've been kind of numb to it ..... and the dorms on campus is just the tip of the iceberg. The just off campus student housing, within easy walking distance, has to be maybe 3 or 4 times that and growing. Anybody who still thinks of USF as a commuter school is just plain dumb and should have gone to UF like you assumed he did.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

For perspective FSU it appears latest I see 6,300 live on campus...agree with others..the commuter school image is dumb some have.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

No one goes off topic on a "some random things" topic.  Refreshing.  We may need one weekly @CousinRicky

Pythagorean theorem

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Was up in northern Georgia for a week and a half.  Seems everyone up there is from Florida. But two things stuck out. 

First, we were driving to dinner from the AirBnB we were in and walking toward us is a guy with a USF Track and Field T-shirt. Turned out he lived in the house next to the one we were renting.

The other, pull into a restaurant parking lot in a little town and a County Sheriff's car is sitting next us.  The Deputy/Sheriff is sitting there with his window down. I get out of the car and hear "Go Bulls". Looked at my shirt and it wasn't USF. Then realized he saw our front plate. Chatted with him for a few minutes and found he was a 2014 graduate. 

Unrelated, I was talking with a neighbor this morning and he said he just dropped off his daughter at FSU as a freshman.  Told me he's been a lifelong Gator fan but now will be wearing the Garnet and Gold. I asked how he could do that if we went to UF.  He said he didn't go to UF, went to USF.  Was there when football started but could never shake the Gator thing and mentioned how on a recent visit to USF campus how it still feels like a commuter school.  Said how at FSU kids can walk 1/2 mile and be at the bars and restaurants and how USF will never have that. Made me depressed and wondered how an OCS will change that.

Love hearing about the T&F shirt. Your encounter with the USF grad but UF fan is par for the course. We will never reach those people...never...they just need to die off. There are a lot of them which is pretty sad. But it does come back to our current situation in terms of conference. Got to get wins and build the stadium to influence the current genration so this disease does not inflect them. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

There are approxmately 500 USF grads in the state of New Hamsphire, Vermont has over 200, Maine has over 400, and Mass has right at 1000. I think I have seen maybe five people up hear wearing USF gear in my 30 years up here. I still wear mine all the time hoping to see someone who will give me a horns up sign. When I hit Tampa for a game its almost like a headrush to see so many USF fans in one place. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

I’m in North Georgia now, close to BlueRidge. Jasper Ga and I get a Go Bulls when I wear USF gear. Many people up here are awared of USF.