• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some random things

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

This topic is a hoot! I was just telling someone the other day about our odd USF connections on recent vacations. About a month ago we went on a trip to Hawaii. When we landed in Kona and were at the baggage claim, a guy wandered up to me because he saw my Bulls jacket and asked “What do you do at USF?” Turns out he was a professor in the music department. A couple days later, we were on a tour in a van and there was a family seated in front of us - Mom, Dad, sister and brother. The young man was a rising senior at USF. A couple years ago, on a trip to Ireland, we ran into USF alums on THREE separate occasions.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Moreso about the fact the guy is a USF grad and didn't consider becoming a USF fan. Afraid there is more of that than not.

Heard somewhere that USF is setting a record this year of 6,600 students in dorms on campus this year. Maybe there's hope.

I bet he's a Philly fan too ......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I’m in North Georgia now, close to BlueRidge. Jasper Ga and I get a Go Bulls when I wear USF gear. Many people up here are awared of USF.

We spent 3 nights in Jasper,  3 in Mineral Bluff and 3 in Blairsville (where we ran into the Sheriff).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

on a recent visit to USF campus how it still feels like a commuter school.  Said how at FSU kids can walk 1/2 mile and be at the bars and restaurants and how USF will never have that. Made me depressed and wondered how an OCS will change that.

Guessing he didn’t venture too far into campus.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

Guessing he didn’t venture too far into campus.

Don't know if it was with his daughter??? Conversation didn't last long enough to find out when.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

It was more of a commuter school when The Greenery, Coppertop & even Skidz were around for students...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

It was more of a commuter school when The Greenery, Coppertop & even Skidz were around for students...

My time…🥲

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Love hearing about the T&F shirt. Your encounter with the USF grad but UF fan is par for the course. We will never reach those people...never...they just need to die off. There are a lot of them which is pretty sad. But it does come back to our current situation in terms of conference. Got to get wins and build the stadium to influence the current genration so this disease does not inflect them. 

It also goes back to the crucial error of not getting into the football business decades before we did .....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

15 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I’m in North Georgia now, close to BlueRidge. Jasper Ga and I get a Go Bulls when I wear USF gear. Many people up here are awared of USF.

I love Jasper.  I try to get up there when it starts to cool off and do the apple orchards and get some chicken and dumplings.  Boiled peanuts.  Oh yeah...

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It also goes back to the crucial error of not getting into the football business decades before we did .....

Thanks John Allen.