• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some random things

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Thanks, Frisco. That’s kind of you to say. I’ve never been much good at predictions, so yours is as good as mine or anyone else’s. It’s all about QB play in this game. We’ve never won without a competent one - aside from maybe one season with Pat Julmiste when we went to our first bowl game in Charlotte. Having a guy like Bohanon gives us a real chance for the first time since Q. If he stays healthy and the defense is even marginally better than last year, I’m with you - this team can play in a bowl game. My gut tells me we have a win in that trio of BYU, UF or Louisville. If that does happen and we start 2-2, I think 6 wins is almost assured.

If we can't win 6 games then we need to really evaluate the coaching staff. If we can get improved defense (should not be hard to not play off the receivers 5 yards every play and not bring pressure at all), better qb play (Gerry B),  better  play calling (New Oc/Chad Morris helping), and  run actual schemes to   fit our players ( moving to 4-2-5 and using more motion/rpo with Gerry B) ,  and better game management (this is 100% on Scott learning in his two years of failing at this) in tight games we should go .500 . 

• Upvote 1