• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,895
  • Days Won:  33

47 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I have noticed that the last few seasons, central florida has played seven home games and five road games.  I wonder if we will also schedule seven home games once our stadium is built.

It's certainly an interesting topic.

We are very flexible on the schedule from 2028 on, so let's look at the OOC game in 2026 and 2027.

2026 - FAU, @ Alabama, BETHUNE COOKMAN, @ BYU 

2027 - MIAMI, @ Boise State, FLORIDA A&M, @ Northern Illinois

Depending on the conference affiliation in 2026 some games could get reshuffled, so there may be a chance for 7 home games there.

I could see moving NIU to a different year in order to add a 3rd OOC home game in 2027.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Once they start selling bricks with our messages I will buy an entire wall.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

That will be quite awesome.  I would like to get on some of these things.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Actually, I don't think we'll see any direct rental fees there.  Restaurants will be operated by Aramark (as they are across campus, including the Yuengling Center) and retail outlets might be managed by Follett (who operates the bookstore and, I think, the USF Bulls Store in the Y.C.).  The contracts for those operators will increase to be sure, which might be enough to use as part of the source of bond payments, but they likely won't be traditional commercial leases.

There will be more than 6 home games, but not that many... Go look at that school out east -- UCF doesn't show any events at their stadium other than UCF football.  Plus, 35000-40000 is small for "stadium" shows like Taylor Swift or Kenny Chesney and large for "arena" shows that can play the Amphitheatre or Amalie ... and with competition from RayJay and wherever the Rays play, there may not be a lot of concerts or monster truck shows coming to USF campus... certainly not enough for USF to count on for revenue.

Just my own thoughts...

There are multiple restaurants across campus now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Won't be any room left if some members not to be named get their messages on them.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

12 hours ago, BDYZR said:

There are multiple restaurants across campus now. 

Correct. All of them are operated by Aramark.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

21 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In terms of driving to a stadium location the stadium itself is irrelevant as long as the shops around it are decent. Many NFL teams have this now with upscale stores and restaurants (see LA and New England). If someone has the proper understanding of urban development this could become much more than a few lousy bars and fast food stops (which by then the Sodexo contract being done by then). 

In terms of use, I can see the soccer program playing there (assuming we have turf) which could mean the soccer stadium gets replaced with something more academic. Also, if the stadium is designed with a corporate room, it would be a great place for companies to have meetings and social events relative to the view) and get companies on campus (which could have a financial impact). Again, to pull this all off we really need people who are creative and can think outside the box beyond “just using a stadium six times a year.”

These are all great in concept, but lack the practicality that will be needed to be a true source of predictable revenue for debt service.  It's fine to "think outside the box" - but the reality will come crashing in.  USF is not in an area that will support "upscale stores and restaurants" and those types of places need more than a few dozen days per year with heavy traffic.  I may not have a proper understanding of urban planning, but I don't see who would go to the USF campus for restaurants that are better fits in South Tampa, Tampa Heights, St. Petersburg, etc.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Correct. All of them are operated by Aramark.

I don't think Chik-Filet, Panera Bread, Burger Fi, Jamba Juice, Moe's, Subway, etc. are operated by Aramark. Of course I could be wrong.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

These are all great in concept, but lack the practicality that will be needed to be a true source of predictable revenue for debt service.  It's fine to "think outside the box" - but the reality will come crashing in.  USF is not in an area that will support "upscale stores and restaurants" and those types of places need more than a few dozen days per year with heavy traffic.  I may not have a proper understanding of urban planning, but I don't see who would go to the USF campus for restaurants that are better fits in South Tampa, Tampa Heights, St. Petersburg, etc.

But that area really needs to change. It is disgusting with its urban blight. USF could be a catalyst in that change and who knows may even get state/federal assistance in starting a small renaissance for the area. Certainly, it does not hurt to actually try before moving on to another strategy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

such great news