• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,340
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Thanks Brad

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, E.T. said:

So how much is stadium parking now, different levels?

Sure the parking north of the stadium would be limited and coveted! 

If they plan it like our rival to the east, the lots in and around the stadium will likely be season pass prepaid and donor parking.  This probably includes most of the lots on the athletics side of Genshaft Drive, probably including the Sun Dome lots.

The rest of the campus would probably be free, or at least I hope they would be.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Hoping during construction they can keep the trees to the north and west of the stadium for some "grove" type tailgating.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I’m afraid there’s going to be bad decisions made wrt OCS.  We’ll be paying like 15mil/year in debt service while playing UTSA and Rice.  It feels like too little too late to me but I want one anyway.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I’m afraid there’s going to be bad decisions made wrt OCS.  We’ll be paying like 15mil/year in debt service while playing UTSA and Rice.  It feels like too little too late to me but I want one anyway.

I am sure that they are looking at this as an investment to a better situation. Further, I assume that the assumption is, regardless who we are playing, if it’s a Saturday afternoon and your college kid you want to go and party. And finally, there are about 10,000 diehard fans who will go regardless.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am sure that they are looking at this as an investment to a better situation. Further, I assume that the assumption is, regardless who we are playing, if it’s a Saturday afternoon and your college kid you want to go and party. And finally, there are about 10,000 diehard fans who will go regardless.

10000 * 6 home games is 60,000 tickets sold... if the tickets average $50 that's 3 million... even if we get 30,000 paying fans that's still only 9 million for USF games... figure a few million in concessions and advertising... a couple million more for naming rights.

And let's not forget you have to pay for operations and maintenance... all that labor per game/event (ticket takers, ushers, janitors, security, etc) will eat into that.

The rest will have to come from student fees... which are already pretty high.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

10000 * 6 home games is 60,000 tickets sold... if the tickets average $50 that's 3 million... even if we get 30,000 paying fans that's still only 9 million for USF games... figure a few million in concessions and advertising... a couple million more for naming rights.

And let's not forget you have to pay for operations and maintenance... all that labor per game/event (ticket takers, ushers, janitors, security, etc) will eat into that.

The rest will have to come from student fees... which are already pretty high.

You will need to include some rental fees that USF receives assuming that there are businesses attached to the stadium. Further, the stadium will certainly have other events besides 6 home games a year. Yes, students will have to pay.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You will need to include some rental fees that USF receives assuming that there are businesses attached to the stadium. Further, the stadium will certainly have other events besides 6 home games a year. Yes, students will have to pay.

Actually, I don't think we'll see any direct rental fees there.  Restaurants will be operated by Aramark (as they are across campus, including the Yuengling Center) and retail outlets might be managed by Follett (who operates the bookstore and, I think, the USF Bulls Store in the Y.C.).  The contracts for those operators will increase to be sure, which might be enough to use as part of the source of bond payments, but they likely won't be traditional commercial leases.

There will be more than 6 home games, but not that many... Go look at that school out east -- UCF doesn't show any events at their stadium other than UCF football.  Plus, 35000-40000 is small for "stadium" shows like Taylor Swift or Kenny Chesney and large for "arena" shows that can play the Amphitheatre or Amalie ... and with competition from RayJay and wherever the Rays play, there may not be a lot of concerts or monster truck shows coming to USF campus... certainly not enough for USF to count on for revenue.

Just my own thoughts...