• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN reporting Charlie Strong to coach LBs at the U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have no issues with the man. I wish Charlie Strong well at UM or wherever he goes in life. Same goes for Taggart. The past is the past. It cant change, who cares anymore.  Im excited about the present and future. Hopefully CJS gets us at the next level. 

Disagree, CWT came into a dumpster fire and turned it around, still love the dude.  Strong came into a sweet position and underachieved and put us back into a dumpster fire.  By your calculations I could set your house on fire and tomorrow you would be cool with it, the past is the past.  Strong is a ******* bum.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

One positive thing I can say about Jeff Scott is that while he may not be a good coach on the field yet, he and his staff's relationship with high school coaches in Manatee and Sarasota counties is 100 times better than Charlie Strong's ever was.  I heard some horror stories about Strong's recruiting, or lack thereof.  Not the case with Scott.  The school where I work, the coaching staff loves him, and it is night and day compared to when Strong was the coach.  Charlie Strong was a lazy, unmotivated blob and it reflected in the program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

So are we scheduling Miami in 2024?

That would give their program the obligatory 2 years for Chuckles’ aura of defeat and listlessness to set-in, ensuring that they are being obliterated by every team they play - perfect time for USF to get on their schedule :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

It would be nice to once again have the kind of recruiting and success that CCS had

anything to back that up? because i dont remember him having anymore success than any other coach we've had.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

anything to back that up?

Yes recruiting for CJS 247 74 (and falling)or rivals 85, 65 or 60,and 110 or “?” with wins of 1 and 2. CCS 76 or 65, 65 or 58 and 76 or 69 with wins of 4, 7 and 10. CJS has improved nothing that can be measured and while coaches may like him better that doesn’t seem to translate into any players wanting to play for him anymore than VPMK and boosters liking him has lead to wins. He is from top to bottom bad and lacking in any redeeming coaching attributes that signal a path forward.

22 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

anything to back that up? because i dont remember him having anymore success than any other coach we've had.

Oh ccs didn’t do well by any stretch of the imagination just amazingly better than CJS who is the absolute worst by any measure 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Disagree, CWT came into a dumpster fire and turned it around, still love the dude.  Strong came into a sweet position and underachieved and put us back into a dumpster fire.  By your calculations I could set your house on fire and tomorrow you would be cool with it, the past is the past.  Strong is a ******* bum.

They have all sucked ass…every last one of them…win a **** conference championship just once then give me a call…

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Let’s not forget the lazy ***** that hired Chuckles.  Harlan deserves as much of if not more of the blame than chuckles.  This athletic program has made some catastrophic hiring decisions.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

19 hours ago, puc86 said:

It would be nice to once again have the kind of recruiting and success that CCS had

12 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Took me a bit to find it but the following is QFT:

On 2/3/2022 at 7:29 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

#stoptakingthebait

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Took me a bit to find it but the following is QFT:

That’s quoted for opinion, the part that would be quoted for truth is that CCS recruited and performed better than CJS. CWT came in and failed but then recruited his way out of it and completely abandoned his offensive philosophy (CJS’ entire identity is Clemson he can go 5 minutes without talking about it, he goes to the games and wears the gear despite the fact that not a single person from the Dabo coaching tree has even flown near the the realm of success he will not change because he would have nothing left), the only similarity the two share is the disastrous beginning but there is no legitimate reason anyone has for thinking CJS will get out of the death spiral that is his career. His most believing of fans have seen his shadow and predicted another year of 4 wins or less not because he clearly sucks but because they somehow think an AAC schedule is too hard.