• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN reporting Charlie Strong to coach LBs at the U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

People think it's a good hire and are bragging about recruiting "ties".

Oof haha.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

People think it's a good hire and are bragging about recruiting "ties".

Oof haha.

There goes any chance at a national title for them.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Always lands on his feet $$. He goes from the cellar to a new gig. Recruiting? Watch now he will come to Tampa area to see how many players he can snatch. Of course, he couldn't get any when at USF. I once had some respect for this guy but now? Nada

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,522
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Always lands on his feet $$. He goes from the cellar to a new gig. Recruiting? Watch now he will come to Tampa area to see how many players he can snatch. Of course, he couldn't get any when at USF. I once had some respect for this guy but now? Nada

I think, to some degree, the brand of Miami recruits itself a bit better than our brand. Also, who gives a **** where he coaches? Having no respect for a man when he wants to work and get paid?

At least as a LB coach only minimal damage will be inflicted on Miami, as opposed to the entire team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I think, to some degree, the brand of Miami recruits itself a bit better than our brand. Also, who gives a **** where he coaches? Having no respect for a man when he wants to work and get paid?

At least as a LB coach only minimal damage will be inflicted on Miami, as opposed to the entire team.

Charlie Strong drove the USF football program into the ground, to which it still has not recovered.  He didn't want to be there, he was lazy, and a terrible recruiter. If I ever see you at RayJay, I can tell you some Charlie Strong recruiting stories that were told to me from my friends and colleagues who are high school football coaches in Manatee and Sarasota counties.  The bum deserves every bit of scorn and disrespect from USF fans and alumni.  He is a stain on our history.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

The "no respect" part has everything to do CS actions/inactions and, I dont give a **** attitude at USF. It has no reference or inference to a guy working or wanting to get paid. That would be a bit of a stretch to create that negative from my comment and not a valid point. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

Charlie Strong drove the USF football program into the ground, to which it still has not recovered.  He didn't want to be there, he was lazy, and a terrible recruiter. If I ever see you at RayJay, I can tell you some Charlie Strong recruiting stories that were told to me from my friends and colleagues who are high school football coaches in Manatee and Sarasota counties.  The bum deserves every bit of scorn and disrespect from USF fans and alumni.  He is a stain on our history.

From the outside, it really seemed like he was expecting to stay no more than 2 years by going to a program that Willie T had left in a good spot and use it to springboard back into another P5 job. Which is why I feel it's taken y'all a little time to right the ship again since Strong's plan would mean he could neglect building a foundation since he just wanted to do a quick flip. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704

7 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Which is why I feel it's taken y'all a little time to right the ship again since Strong's plan would mean he could neglect building a foundation since he just wanted to do a quick flip. 

That, and the wrong coach was hired to replace him. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

It would be nice to once again have the kind of recruiting and success that CCS had

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

I have no issues with the man. I wish Charlie Strong well at UM or wherever he goes in life. Same goes for Taggart. The past is the past. It cant change, who cares anymore.  Im excited about the present and future. Hopefully CJS gets us at the next level.