• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN reporting Charlie Strong to coach LBs at the U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, USFRaider said:

Charlie Strong drove the USF football program into the ground, to which it still has not recovered.  He didn't want to be there, he was lazy, and a terrible recruiter. If I ever see you at RayJay, I can tell you some Charlie Strong recruiting stories that were told to me from my friends and colleagues who are high school football coaches in Manatee and Sarasota counties.  The bum deserves every bit of scorn and disrespect from USF fans and alumni.  He is a stain on our history.

Raider this is post of the year to me.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Do you honestly believe that? 

Only semi.  It is harder to attract players to something new or to something trending in the wrong direction?  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Only semi.  It is harder to attract players to something new or to something trending in the wrong direction?  

I think it depends on who is doing the selling but as far as a feeling of accomplishment and ownership of a situation this is a long way from starting with nothing 

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think it depends on who is doing the selling but as far as a feeling of accomplishment and ownership of a situation this is a long way from starting with nothing 

Start up company or one entering bankruptcy?  I'm sure you want to work for the one approaching bankruptcy because you are a contrarian.

Edited by CousinRicky

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Start up company or one entering bankruptcy?  I'm sure you want to work for the one approaching bankruptcy because you are a contrarian.

Actually my most lucrative times have been in bankrupting companies but they obviously have no upside but being a mercenary pays very well in the short term especially as the last man standing. However people at start ups I think are far more attached and worry about what will happen to what they built and can they do it again. People that come into already existing contracts, large budgets, facilities and opportunities for improvement will probably be looking more towards what they can tinker next to get paid off for that work than feel a genuine sense of destiny and obligation. 

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Actually my most lucrative times have been in bankrupting companies but they obviously have no upside but being a mercenary pays very well in the short term especially as the last man standing. However people at start ups I think are far more attached and worry about what will happen to what they built and can they do it again. People that come into already existing contracts, large budgets, facilities and opportunities for improvement will probably be looking more towards what they can tinker next to get paid off for that work than feel a genuine sense of destiny and obligation. 

Wait, you've had lucrative times and aren't donating or buying season tickets?  Something is amiss here.

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Wait, you've had lucrative times and aren't donating or buying season tickets?  Something is amiss here.

I’ve determined usf athletics is part of my entertainment discretional income. Usf athletics is no longer entertaining to me when I attend events and most often ends in anger and frustration. I also have zero faith in the people currently in charge to be good stewards of any amount of money given to them and they will simply invent new ways to squander it and ask for more. We will either change people or change people at which point I will revisit the subject but at the moment I find the tv to be the right involvement I am comfortable with contributing to. 

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ve determined usf athletics is part of my entertainment discretional income. Usf athletics is no longer entertaining to me when I attend events and most often ends in anger and frustration. I also have zero faith in the people currently in charge to be good stewards of any amount of money given to them and they will simply invent new ways to squander it and ask for more. We will either change people or change people at which point I will revisit the subject but at the moment I find the tv to be the right involvement I am comfortable with contributing to. 

So why are you on here? Besides boredom?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

So why are you on here? Besides boredom?

You answered your own question

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, USFRaider said:

One positive thing I can say about Jeff Scott is that while he may not be a good coach on the field yet, he and his staff's relationship with high school coaches in Manatee and Sarasota counties is 100 times better than Charlie Strong's ever was.  I heard some horror stories about Strong's recruiting, or lack thereof.  Not the case with Scott.  The school where I work, the coaching staff loves him, and it is night and day compared to when Strong was the coach.  Charlie Strong was a lazy, unmotivated blob and it reflected in the program.

Ok, I have seen this for awhile and have decided to inquire.  First, I do not doubt anything that you have said. This issue is that the statements I have seen like this are always vague.   I just would like an anecdote or small details which would give  an example of the horror without compromising anyone's anonymity.