• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN reporting Charlie Strong to coach LBs at the U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Let’s not forget the lazy ***** that hired Chuckles.  Harlan deserves as much of if not more of the blame than chuckles.  This athletic program has made some catastrophic hiring decisions.

Yep, then Harlan jumped ship and went to Utah to enjoy their current winning ways. Was he a part of that? Hmm? Or did he step into a sweet gig? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Let’s not forget the lazy ***** that hired Chuckles.  Harlan deserves as much of if not more of the blame than chuckles.  This athletic program has made some catastrophic hiring decisions.

I think I’m more forgiving of Harlan because I think there is a strong case (pun intended) for the hiring of coach CCS and I think i would have done the same thing. CCS was successful at Florida and Louisville and no one in recent history has been successful at Texas or even seemed to get a fair shake there. CCS was a brand name with a history of success that we were getting at bargain basement prices with an expectation that he would want to rehab his image from its recent hit and then back to where he fell from. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

On 2/19/2022 at 7:05 PM, Friscobull said:

Disagree, CWT came into a dumpster fire and turned it around, still love the dude.  Strong came into a sweet position and underachieved and put us back into a dumpster fire.  By your calculations I could set your house on fire and tomorrow you would be cool with it, the past is the past.  Strong is a ******* bum.

If that's how you feel bout a man you never met then go ahead. I truly don''t care my friend. I STILL have no problem with the man. Being bitter won't change our record from the past. Losing football games and setting somebody's house on fire are not the same. CCS didn't intentionally"'" do anything. Im sure he preferred to have had success here. Either way, get all that bitterness out your heart man. It's not healthy. 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 2/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, Friscobull said:

Disagree, CWT came into a dumpster fire and turned it around, still love the dude.  Strong came into a sweet position and underachieved and put us back into a dumpster fire.  By your calculations I could set your house on fire and tomorrow you would be cool with it, the past is the past.  Strong is a ******* bum.

this seems to be an accurate  citation of the facts

strong was just collecting a paycheck with no intent on staying

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, smazza said:

this seems to be an accurate  citation of the facts

strong was just collecting a paycheck with no intent on staying

Anyone that we hire should have no intention of staying, to stay is to be middling 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Anyone that we hire should have no intention of staying, to stay is to be middling 

Without mentioning names I can think of one guy that you love that wanted to stay. Middling? You don't think so.

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Without mentioning names I can think of one guy that you love that wanted to stay. Middling? You don't think so.

If someone starts our program again from scratch or is a player here and then moves up the coaching ranks here than sure they may have a reason besides no other offers to stay but if someone leaves that situation in order to further their career this would be an odd choice for a final destination (unless of course no one else wants them).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If someone starts our program again from scratch or is a player here and then moves up the coaching ranks here than sure they may have a reason besides no other offers to stay but if someone leaves that situation in order to further their career this would be an odd choice for a final destination (unless of course no one else wants them).

The current coach basically started the program from scratch.

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The current coach basically started the program from scratch.

Do you honestly believe that? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If that's how you feel bout a man you never met then go ahead. I truly don''t care my friend. I STILL have no problem with the man. Being bitter won't change our record from the past. Losing football games and setting somebody's house on fire are not the same. CCS didn't intentionally"'" do anything. Im sure he preferred to have had success here. Either way, get all that bitterness out your heart man. It's not healthy. 

I am not bitter, he was a poor lazy coach and now he is long gone, life goes on.  I guess the difference between us is that you wish him well on his future endeavors, I don’t.  That doesn’t make me bitter, simply indifferent to  him.  I don’t wish death down upon him but I am certainly not cheering for the guy, not so sure why this is that hard to comprehend.

• Upvote 3