• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weis Jr to Ole Miss

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

More I think about it and see names, Korn is Top Choice . . . so far :) 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

More I think about it and see names, Korn is Top Choice . . . so far :) 

Agreed, he would be a major get and an upgrade for the team. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Top 7 - 

1. Shaun King
  2. TJ Weist
  3. The Korn guy (makes me think of the group)
  4. Blackwell
  5. Bobby Bently
  6. Tee Martin
  7. Kerwin Bell or Jr. 😎

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

true

Nah he was the best option. However, blaming the OC for calling RPO plays when the offense is an RPO based system is dense.

Forgot who said it earlier, but separating play calling and execution needs a closer look. From my amateur view, a freshmen with an inaccurate arm and trouble reading defenses leads to limited options on play calls. Add in injuries, substitutions, etc...

True Freshman, injuries, substitutions , covid, execution, full moon and poor play calling, .  You guys can slice and dice this to death, the kid was mediocre at best here and not sure he was going to be much better next year.  This is not a big loss, have somebody come in and run the spread and let’s score in bunches next year.  In the end what does it matter, daddy’s son has moved on so screw him, let’s find a better replacement. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

True Freshman, injuries, substitutions , covid, execution, full moon and poor play calling, .  You guys can slice and dice this to death, the kid was mediocre at best here and not sure he was going to be much better next year.  This is not a big loss, have somebody come in and run the spread and let’s score in bunches next year.  In the end what does it matter, daddy’s son has moved on so screw him, let’s find a better replacement. 

Weis is benefiting off of nepotism and riding Kiffin's coattail. He's like Sterlin Gilbert....he will keep getting promoted until her gets exposed on a higher stage. I mean maybe he improves. I wish the man well, but glad he's gone. Now I'm even more excited about next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

35 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Doesn't some of the responsibility for the poor execution fall on the OC/staff? I am not saying that Weiss was terrible, but he has accountability for some of the offensive struggles last year.

He's definitely got some accountability, it's the nature of the job. I'm not saying he was great, just that, to me, the success on both sides of the ball depends more on the ones doing the executing than the ones telling them what to do. Perfect example is our offense CCS's first year. All the whining about SG's half back dive offense but the passing game actually averaged more per game that year than the previous one under CWT. Players can make or break play calling

Many of our best/biggest plays seemed to come on busted plays with Timmy scrambling. That credit doesn't really go to the OC. 

True, but how many big plays were there that the players screwed up that the oc would have gotten credit for if the players did their job? I'm guessing there were plenty more of them than TM making something out of nothing. Would be interesting to go back and research that on a game to game basis.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Well I for one did want to “see” what he could do here next season but moot now. But at least this is done now and not closer to signing day. It’ll give us time to see who’s out there after these bowl games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

True, but how many big plays were there that the players screwed up that the oc would have gotten credit for if the players did their job? I'm guessing there were plenty more of them than TM making something out of nothing. Would be interesting to go back and research that on a game to game basis.

There were plenty of big plays we missed on as well, you have to suck in a lot of areas to lose 17 of your last 18 FBS games.  Our D was putrid and the biggest issue, the only point is the little nerd is in the wind, not too big of shoes to fill so let’s upgrade and forget we ever employed the kid. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

A very knowledgeable person ...... it's pretty superficial to say the offensive play calling was really bad without doing a thorough breakdown on the called plays and the execution of the said plays. It's just easier to take the simpler route of the oc sucked so good riddance. Weis wasn't a perfect play caller, not sure there are any out there, but I'm guessing that poor execution of designed plays was more often the culprit than poorly called plays.

Rule #1: Don’t call plays your team can’t execute

Rule #2: Refer back to Rule #1

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, Sellular1 said:

Rule #1: Don’t call plays your team can’t execute

Rule #2: Refer back to Rule #1

So we punt every time we get the ball?

• Haha 2