• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weis Jr to Ole Miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

50 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Are you kidding?  The "Two New Coordinators" excuse will be the first thing the apologists pull out should the team tank next season.  Jeffy can refer to it in his press conferences when he brings out the "we are so close" cliche. 

I don’t know of anyone on this board who will be apologizing. Five wins is a must and six is probably the benchmark. Everyone is quite clear of what he has to do. There is no fall back. Stop it with your antics….

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Just getting in from Vegas and saw this thread. Didn't see that  coming. So our FAU coordinators are gone, one fired and one moves up to SEC.  Interesting. Wonder how this affects BJ Daniels. Will a new OC fire him or move him up to QB coach?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Clemson fans talking about Korn as OC recently:

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

CJS seems to have upgraded the DC position, so I trust he will do the same with the OC position.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Clemson fans talking about Korn as OC recently:

Damit poopy…

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

So he has been out of college coaching for 2 years. Im not saying he would be a bad QB Coach but I dont want him as an OC. I also think if he really wanted to be in coaching that he would be coaching somewhere, just my opinion.

Anyone who knows him knows that his love for gambling is equal to his love for football. I have seen some things as well as hearing some interesting stories about him and, while I like him and his energy, he could be a potential liability to USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,373

On 12/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, &rew Bull said:

There's several reports that Weis Jr has been hired as the new OC at Ole Miss

Win win for us. It is clear he couldn't design an offense that was effective here and Kiffin was the reason FAU offense was explosive. He went to Ole miss and instantly improved their Offense. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CycleBull said:

So what you are saying is poor execution is also a fault of poor coaching? Sounds about right. Some of the play calls were trash and didn’t give the receivers or qb anything to work with. 

Weiss'  play calling and game management was pretty bad. It cost us games and if it was CJS making those calls overriding him that is even worse.  Weiss Jr. never seemed to be able to maximize the speed we had and I thought he would do better when looking at the FAU offense. I think it was all Kiffin. I could be wrong, but I would love to hire a proven OC with a spread offense that produces.  I would love to bring back Weist and the Gulf Coast Offense.

Edited by Outlaw

18 hours ago, Friscobull said:

True Freshman, injuries, substitutions , covid, execution, full moon and poor play calling, .  You guys can slice and dice this to death, the kid was mediocre at best here and not sure he was going to be much better next year.  This is not a big loss, have somebody come in and run the spread and let’s score in bunches next year.  In the end what does it matter, daddy’s son has moved on so screw him, let’s find a better replacement. 

Are you talking about Weiss JR or CJS. CJS is riding his dad's failure as a head coach to advise him. Clemson seemed to talk so highly of JS , but I think it was snake oil sales to let the lesser of the co-oc leave. I hope CJS improves drastically and hires an OC that can run a spread or hell bring back the west coast offense. I am not sure why Kiffin would want Weiss JR back after his results here over the last two years. It seems he wants his friend back to work with.

20 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

true

Nah he was the best option. However, blaming the OC for calling RPO plays when the offense is an RPO based system is dense.

Forgot who said it earlier, but separating play calling and execution needs a closer look. From my amateur view, a freshmen with an inaccurate arm and trouble reading defenses leads to limited options on play calls. Add in injuries, substitutions, etc...

Why run an RPO offense with a limited qb with accuracy and play reading issues and below average oline? It is like it was designed to fail...