• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weis Jr to Ole Miss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

At least Jeffy Scott will have his built in excuse ready to go should the team **** the bed in 2022……………two new coordinators. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

Coach Scott will make a better decision than me, so I'm happy I don't have anything to do with this. 

I feel annoyed but I can't say it's going to crush us. If I overanalyze between the lines, Coach Scott said multiple times this season that the whole staff needs to improve. He sounded frustrated with the offensive production often. I see the turnover as a nuisance that could potentially be offset by getting someone a little more polished at the edges.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

At least Jeffy Scott will have his built in excuse ready to go should the team **** the bed in 2022……………two new coordinators. 

Please…you can do better than that. He knows he has to produce wins next year. Everyone knows that, there are no excuses relative to new coordinators. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

A very knowledgeable person ...... it's pretty superficial to say the offensive play calling was really bad without doing a thorough breakdown on the called plays and the execution of the said plays. It's just easier to take the simpler route of the oc sucked so good riddance. Weis wasn't a perfect play caller, not sure there are any out there, but I'm guessing that poor execution of designed plays was more often the culprit than poorly called plays.

So what you are saying is poor execution is also a fault of poor coaching? Sounds about right. Some of the play calls were trash and didn’t give the receivers or qb anything to work with. 

Some of y’all are starting to sound like Charlie Strong. Maybe we should bring  him back.

Edited by CycleBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

So what you are saying is poor execution is also a fault of poor coaching?

I'm saying that it's not as simplistic as people around here always try to make it. By your analogy, Sterlin Gilbert was a good coach ....

Just now, Triple B said:

I'm saying that it's not as simplistic as people around here always try to make it. By your analogy, Sterlin Gilbert was a good coach ....

I’m not trying to make excuses, but here’s what we can agree on. The team had problems and we need a fix. Hopefully we will get it this coming season.

6 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

I’m not trying to make excuses, but here’s what we can agree on. The team had problems and we need a fix. Hopefully we will get it this coming season.

We definitely need something but I didn't feel that a new offensive coordinator was that high on the list. If there's a big change in the offense, it will be Timmy's 3rd offense in 3 years ....... but if these new qb's are that much better than TM that could be a moot point ...... but we'd then be going with another true freshman qb.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please…you can do better than that. He knows he has to produce wins next year. Everyone knows that, there are no excuses relative to new coordinators. 

Are you kidding?  The "Two New Coordinators" excuse will be the first thing the apologists pull out should the team tank next season.  Jeffy can refer to it in his press conferences when he brings out the "we are so close" cliche. 

32 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Are you kidding?  The "Two New Coordinators" excuse will be the first thing the apologists pull out should the team tank next season.  Jeffy can refer to it in his press conferences when he brings out the "we are so close" cliche. 

Hell, I'm already using it ...... but doubt "Jeffy" ever would, which is why the haters have had to put words in his mouth since he got here.