• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls Under Jeff Scott Preparing To Be Force in AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting article. Interesting to read about how someone else outside of USF views the program. TMc, I think he will be do or die this next season. If all the portal players sign on it will appear to be a good haul. I doubt CJS is done yet. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, smazza said:

agreed

talk is cheap

You were touting CJS as the best thing since sliced bread, now you want him gone?  Hating on CWT when he turned around a dumpster fire and recruited some of the best players in our short history, and we got paid instead of the coach when he left.  Now hating on the future of this team with ******** on Timmy, he was a true freshman making normal mistakes, he can’t out  athlete everybody anymore at this level and there is a curve to this development.  It seems like someone needs a hug, hope all is ok Steve. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

For $3 million a year you will call it what they tell you to call it until someone else gives you enough money to call it something else 

People hate on these coaches for taking the money, if anything USF is the poster child for not rewarding someone that is committed, go get paid while the irons are hot, because for most they will cool rather quickly and you no longer have that option.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

People hate on these coaches for taking the money, if anything USF is the poster child for not rewarding someone that is committed, go get paid while the irons are hot, because for most they will cool rather quickly and you no longer have that option.  

I tried to buy a g6 yesterday with my scruples and my devotion and they just laughed at me, turns out that stuff is about as worthless as the soul I sold for $5 as a child.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

13 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Maybe USF should have tried to match whatever Oregon offered Taggert.  Then we might have been offered a seat in the Big 12 instead of being shut out.  It would have been worth the money.

Coach Taggart was offered a new contact before going to Oregon. He was leaving here regardless.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 wins needs to happen this year...that's the minimum we should expect In year 3. Vast majority of Strongs players will be gone. 

Do that and Scott can show things are trending in right direction. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Coach Taggart was offered a new contact before going to Oregon. He was leaving here regardless.

When your dream job of going 7-5 for the Oregon Ducks for 1 year comes calling, versus delivering on your own stated goal of "winning multiple championships in a first class manner" and becoming a Tampa legend, you follow that dream job. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:

When your dream job of going 7-5 for the Oregon Ducks for 1 year comes calling, versus delivering on your own stated goal of "winning multiple championships in a first class manner" and becoming a Tampa legend, you follow that dream job. 

His biggest goal was to be the first African American Head Coach to win a national title. That opportunity was still there when he accepted the job here. I don't blame him for chasing his dream. He definitely left us in a much better position from what he inherited.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

For $3 million a year you will call it what they tell you to call it

Not this guy. My $3M dream job doesn’t come with that rider … my $4M one would, however. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

He was also good at leaving teams better off than when he got there in 3 of his 4 previous stops. 

It wasn't really Coach Skull, it was his agent that was the mastermind behind the agreements at Oregon and FSU. And Coach Skull did indeed leave us in a better situation than what he inherited. I don't blame him for booking out and reaching for that Nike money.

Edited by Paisa el Toro