• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott and Co. Florida Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It really is a complete joke…I can’t wait until CJS gets it going and we cross that six win pateau to shut the complainers and nonbelievers up. 

You’ve been here long enough to know that shutting up the complainers is impossible. Six wins? What? CJL could do that every year. FIRE CJS!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If failure is inevitable why do we need CJS to do it so much better than anyone else could have possibly done it? At some point is it going to be okay to even have a single expectation of the guy?

So not the greatest coach we’ve had any more? 

Failure was inevitable the day the Judyites stabbed CJL in the back.

• Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You’ve been here long enough to know that shutting up the complainers is impossible. Six wins? What? CJL could do that every year. FIRE CJS!

Well **** them…we are going to win and it’s going to be glorious 🤘🤘🤘🤘

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m just saying that he has the highest ranking transfer class because he has the most transfers, the average ranking which would be a greater indication of improvement is far more pedestrian

Oh no doubt quantity is why that class is ranked so high. But if you look at how they rank transfers it seems pretty lazy.

Pinder and Dukes were ranked around a 90 coming out of high school, but there transfer rank is a solid 81. Looking at other rankings it seems like if you transfer to a G5 school you get a low 80s rankings, if you transfer to a P5 school you get a high 80s rankings.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

34 minutes ago, michibull said:

Your absolutely right. I try not to look at the class rankings because of this. I try to see what offers they had out of HS and what was said about them from their previous fans. I think we have some real good talent coming in and some that I will wait and see. Most transfers don’t work out like we hope, but if you can really hit on 3 or 4 of the 15 and see improvement on another 2 or 3, that can really help a team like ours. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing I just think it’s important not to trumpet this as a major victory to then at the end of the season point out that of course we only went 4-8 because the transfer class I said was the greatest ever isn’t the greatest if you just look at the average instead of the gross number. The cycle goes CJS does x, people proclaim it to be the greatest thing in the history of the program, nothing improves, same people say well of course nothing has improved it’s only been =((today())-date(2019,12,9)) and that’s just a small part of the process oh and Covid.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Oh no doubt quantity is why that class is ranked so high. But if you look at how they rank transfers it seems pretty lazy.

Pinder and Dukes were ranked around a 90 coming out of high school, but there transfer rank is a solid 81. Looking at other rankings it seems like if you transfer to a G5 school you get a low 80s rankings, if you transfer to a P5 school you get a high 80s rankings.

I think a lot of the ranking system is pretty lazy but it does tend to be directionally correct, I’m just preemptively jumping to the next excuse before it gets made, the transfer approach isn’t bad, the transfers aren’t bad but we didn’t come in first in anything anyone is actually competing to accomplish.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I care more about wins on the field than recruiting, but we need to keep some talent in state from ever leaving before we them to transfer back eventually. I am okay with this recruiting/transfer season so far. Maybe we get a few surprises Wednesday.

According to TDS, his may be an emerging recruiting tactic moving forward.

Unfortunately, the portal is the best tool to get better talent that wouldn’t commit to USF a year or two prior, rather than settle on undersized or DII level talent to fill spots.

I hope this changes with a steadying of the ship. Over time, if executed properly, transfer players could help swing local high 3*/fringe 4* recruits to come to USF instead of wasting time and energy hoping to get a chance out of state.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

According to TDS, his may be an emerging recruiting tactic moving forward.

Unfortunately, the portal is the best tool to get better talent that wouldn’t commit to USF a year or two prior, rather than settle on undersized or DII level talent to fill spots.

I hope this changes with a steadying of the ship. Over time, if executed properly, transfer players could help swing local high 3*/fringe 4* recruits to come to USF instead of wasting time and energy hoping to get a chance out of state.

Yes, but only for a couple of years.  The NCAA granted immediate eligibility and a sixth year for anyone who was on a team in the fall of 2020... We might have one more season (maaaaaybe two) with this much transfer activity.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yes, but only for a couple of years.  The NCAA granted immediate eligibility and a sixth year for anyone who was on a team in the fall of 2020... We might have one more season (maaaaaybe two) with this much transfer activity.

This is true as things currently stand. I’m starting to become more skeptical of a snap back to “normal”.

With the amount of money being pumped into sports (football), NIL, the increasing comfort with using the portal, and the merging labor movement, I would not be surprised for an additional year of eligibility to be granted in the case of transfer (likely once) due to HC or Cood. changes once the next NCAA constitution is ratified (expected next year or ‘23).

Back on the main point though, having more transfer players like MVS and KJ Sails as proud alums can go far in carrying the message that it may be better to stay home than try your hand out of state. Although, the right coaching staff has to be in place to help out on the “pride” factor…

Edited by HyperBullee