• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott and Co. Florida Recruiting

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

This is true as things currently stand. I’m starting to become more skeptical of a snap back to “normal”.

With the amount of money being pumped into sports (football), NIL, the increasing comfort with using the portal, and the merging labor movement, I would not be surprised for an additional year of eligibility to be granted in the case of transfer (likely once) due to HC or Cood. changes once the next NCAA constitution is ratified (expected next year).

The extra year was already greanted.  I thought NCAA did that a couple of years ago... at that time players would still sit out a year, but they would get that year back at the end.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,575
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Failure was inevitable the day the Judyites stabbed CJL in the back.

We need to get over this talking point. Who cares? Judy, Doug, and Leavitt are gone, and Leavitt isn’t coming back.

Not trying to attack you. Yours is just the post I hit quote on. The whole Leavitt/Judy thing is getting tired though. Neither of them are even here, and bringing Leavitt back wouldn’t necessarily change the direction of this team. He didn’t do it alone, he had coordinators as well. Look at UConn and Edsall.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The extra year was already greanted.  I thought NCAA did that a couple of years ago... at that time players would still sit out a year, but they would get that year back at the end.

You may be right, I may be thinking more of immediate eligibility in tandem with that extra year…

17 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yes, but only for a couple of years.  The NCAA granted immediate eligibility and a sixth year for anyone who was on a team in the fall of 2020... We might have one more season (maaaaaybe two) with this much transfer activity.

What about all the HS kids coming in? They will be transferring around as well, for awhile

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

What about all the HS kids coming in? They will be transferring around as well, for awhile

Yes, but new student athletes (2021+) won't be eligible immediately ... so the number of transfers will drop back down closer to what it was before the pandemic, as transfers will have to sit out a year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,707
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yes, but new student athletes (2021+) won't be eligible immediately ... so the number of transfers will drop back down closer to what it was before the pandemic, as transfers will have to sit out a year.

Thought the NCAA approved the permanent rule going forward that athletes are allowed to transfer once in their collegiate career without sitting ....

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thought the NCAA approved the permanent rule going forward that athletes are allowed to transfer once in their collegiate career without sitting ....

I stand corrected.... and that being the case... @Peatearpan and @HyperBullee -- this would be the new normal for G5 and underperforming P5 schools.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,614
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, HyperBullee said:

You may be right, I may be thinking more of immediate eligibility in tandem with that extra year…

I think that is the case. Has anyone seen a g5 transfer to a p5 and elevate his game ? I would wonder how long it takes until the best g5 players transfer to p5 to show out on the biggest  stage.  The only one I can think of that was a star was the qb from ucf that transfered .

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think that is the case. Has anyone seen a g5 transfer to a p5 and elevate his game ? I would wonder how long it takes until the best g5 players transfer to p5 to show out on the biggest  stage.  The only one I can think of that was a star was the qb from ucf that transfered .

And that didn’t work out for him entirely.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart found difference makers right outta high school and played them as freshmen and that gave us the edge (their high school film jumped off the screen).  I hope we get our pass rush right.  The last real everydown DE/OLB we had was Eric Lee and that was years ago and it took years to develop him.  Where is the player development and where are the explosive difference makers? ( I see you Battie).