• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott and Co. Florida Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Of all the issues have I have with CJS, this is the biggest.  I am in the camp that  feels we need stability more than a new coach every three years, but for the life of me I can’t understand why we are not on this list.  The playing time opportunity alone should be enough the draw a few top 100 kids our way.  Maybe we should think about bringing CWT home.  Our focus should be building around Florida.  Even last year, we did not nab a single one, Horn was close, but that is it. 

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this is why he will be fired

you have to recruit to be a successful coach

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Do they make a list of top Bay Area kids? The two most successful guys we had kept a lot of those guys home. 

Pasco, Polk, Pinellas,  Hillsborough, Manatee

How are we doing there? 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sure being relegated to the G5 has nothing to do with this...

This is what 2 decades of apathy by an administration will do to a program. Even Alabama tries to have 1 major project in progress always. In 25 years, we've spread more grass seed. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

I'm sure being relegated to the G5 has nothing to do with this...

This is what 2 decades of apathy by an administration will do to a program. Even Alabama tries to have 1 major project in progress always. In 25 years, we've spread more grass seed. 

If failure is inevitable why do we need CJS to do it so much better than anyone else could have possibly done it? At some point is it going to be okay to even have a single expectation of the guy?

56 minutes ago, smazza said:

this is why he will be fired

you have to recruit to be a successful coach

So not the greatest coach we’ve had any more? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If failure is inevitable why do we need CJS to do it so much better than anyone else could have possibly done it? At some point is it going to be okay to even have a single expectation of the guy?

So not the greatest coach we’ve had any more? 

The expectation seems to improve by 1 win each year and hope for a bowl game. He is getting a lot of Florida transfers though, but we need to seem the HS recruiting exponentially to make a real BAY MADE team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Recruiting is looking pretty good so far . . . #1 in the Transfer Portal to give us immediate results. And to see the number of Florida offers for class of '23 and '24. 

It's all speculation for now . . . we'll see how we did in the W-L columns . . . The True Barometer !

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Recruiting is looking pretty good so far . . . #1 in the Transfer Portal to give us immediate results. And to see the number of Florida offers for class of '23 and '24. 

It's all speculation for now . . . we'll see how we did in the W-L columns . . . The True Barometer !

Go BULLS !!!

I care more about wins on the field than recruiting, but we need to keep some talent in state from ever leaving before we them to transfer back eventually. I am okay with this recruiting/transfer season so far. Maybe we get a few surprises Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Go BULLS !!!

He has the most, that’s not an accomplishment 

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The expectation seems to improve by 1 win each year and hope for a bowl game. He is getting a lot of Florida transfers though, but we need to seem the HS recruiting exponentially to make a real BAY MADE team.

I just don’t get the thought that we can’t get one, if UCF gets 8, because we are G5. People that think everything is possible in life and nothing is possible in life are both right, it depends on what kind of person he wants to be. Some of us seem resolved to remain at the kiddy table, like there is some sort of honor in that.