• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott and Co. Florida Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Days Won:  0

First, change the culture. Then develop the skills. Winning mindset developing. Look at the fight we gave a much better UCF team in their home? The never say die attitude showed up in many ways against ranked teams. We just need more depth so we don't wear out in the second half. The transfer portal is where cjs is making his impact to immediately impact the team. Show the wins and you'll get the locals. And don't be Debbie Downers. GO USF!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Had the OP been following what has happened this past week???? Florida does not have a monopoly on great football players. That being said, almost all of the portal players are from Florida. This is not going to be like a typical year recruiting as CJS is in a win now mode and is looking for specific talent in specific positions with specific experience. The portal is the way he has chosen to do this. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

People complain about recruiting and say recruiting doesn't matter  . . .

Head In Hands GIF by Australian Survivor

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, E.T. said:

People complain about recruiting and say recruiting doesn't matter  . . .

Head In Hands GIF by Australian Survivor

It really is a complete joke…I can’t wait until CJS gets it going and we cross that six win pateau to shut the complainers and nonbelievers up. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It really is a complete joke…I can’t wait until CJS gets it going and we cross that six win pateau to shut the complainers and nonbelievers up. 

Agreed. The consensus was that we had zero talent, bare cupboards nothing to compete with; that Charlie Strong tore it apart and left it in ruins. While agree, people need to understand that it takes time and it’s a process to rebuild. The kids in HS now only know that South Florida is not good at football, in the early mid 00’s, they were 2/3 years old. CJS has done a good job of getting better talent in here. Mel Tucker did the same thing at Michigan State, he utilized the transfer portal for a quick injection of talent and it worked. Given our limited resources (especially compared to the Spartans), we are doing good, just trust the process. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It really is a complete joke…I can’t wait until CJS gets it going and we cross that six win pateau to shut the complainers and nonbelievers up

You know that will not stop some . . . :) 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

He has guys who have 2-3 years of NCAA experience, with 3 left. He is bringing in grown men to compete. 
What is the expectation? Bring in 25 17 and 18 year old hs kids to get the immediate results this board wants? 

The guys coming in will play now and should produce results.  Everyone was complaining about the d-line and defense, he brought in three guys who will make a difference. 

The guy had days to holdnanclass together in 2019 and came away with Dollison, Willis, and Battie- an all american. Last year he brought in Mangham, Jimmy and Timmy.   He also was able to keep key players from leaving the program this year. 

In the G5 this is going to be the way to win- transfers with years left to play and then 15 or so HS kids. You want someone to blame for this, it's not Scott and Kelly- it's all the clowns including leavitt who allowed us to celebrate mediocrity for the past 25 years. UCF is a P5 team, we are not. Local kids will pick them over us just based on that. We need to understand that as a fan base and adjust expectations from our admin. 

I’m just saying that he has the highest ranking transfer class because he has the most transfers, the average ranking which would be a greater indication of improvement is far more pedestrian

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m just saying that he has the highest ranking transfer class because he has the most transfers, the average ranking which would be a greater indication of improvement is far more pedestrian

Your absolutely right. I try not to look at the class rankings because of this. I try to see what offers they had out of HS and what was said about them from their previous fans. I think we have some real good talent coming in and some that I will wait and see. Most transfers don’t work out like we hope, but if you can really hit on 3 or 4 of the 15 and see improvement on another 2 or 3, that can really help a team like ours.