• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt in Tampa…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

CJL wasn't fired for what happened or didn't happen in the locker room that night.  He got fired because he pressured Miller in the middle of the night to change his story.  I was told at the time by CJL's best friend that Jim F'd up and he is done at USFforever 

kids the cover up is always worse than the crime

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, smazza said:

of course he should be honored in some manner

maybe when the stadium is built.  the street could be named jim leavitt way or something similar. please no statues

I like that.  "Jim Leavitt Way" has a nice ring to it.  As long as it does not intersect with Dr. Judy Genshaft Way...that would be an awkward street sign.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, SilverBull said:

That would be interesting negotiating the contract:

"Is Jim Leavitt going to have to choke a beeach."

Choking Andre The Giant GIF

****, I thought that looked like Uecker and it is. Had no idea he was ever involved with the WWE ...

Bob Uecker | WWE

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s really pretty pathetic that it is still being discussed and people are living in the past wishing for something that is similar to Santa and the Easter Bunny…Great coach (greatest coach in our history), but for the love of Christ move on with your lives people. 

We did move on but then when we got finished, we circled back...Retro is in nowadays. So, what you're saying is...there is a perceived problem with Santa and the Easter Hare??  

CJL IS ALIVE AND WELL....

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

20 hours ago, bulloni said:

sounds like he's visiting his family, if there was any smoke here it would have been too big of a scoop not to hear about it already

I'll get on my soap box for this one. Our local paper, the Tampa Bay Times, still doesn't have a dedicated USF beat writer. I miss the days of Greg Auman and even the 'Stache, Brett McMurphy.

And the Jim was fired for attempting to talk to Miller and Erskin, while an active investigation into Slap-Gate was talking place. Huge no-no that gave the powers that be unnecessary leverage to oust Leavitt. Anyone that read the Slap-Gate report from the outside counsel knows that the alleged acts were really never confirmed. It was a botched investigation into stupidity.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'll get on my soap box for this one. Our local paper, the Tampa Bay Times, still doesn't have a dedicated USF beat writer. I miss the days of Greg Auman and even the 'Stache, Brett McMurphy.

Correct, everyone enjoyed bashing Joey and wanted him gone…as I said then, careful what you wish for. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct, everyone enjoyed bashing Joey and wanted him gone…as I said then, careful what you wish for. 

Johnston is doing great work now for USF athletics. I've always enjoyed reading his stuff.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Johnston is doing great work now for USF athletics. I've always enjoyed reading his stuff.

He writes good articles, but he is a spokesperson of USF Athletics and will only tell the sunshine and happy stories.  We need a dedicated beat writer that is not afraid to rock the boat and tell how things really are.

12 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

He writes good articles, but he is a spokesperson of USF Athletics and will only tell the sunshine and happy stories.  We need a dedicated beat writer that is not afraid to rock the boat and tell how things really are.

Agreed. A more vocal fanbase would do wonders to demand that from the TBT. We're very milquetoast in that department though.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

And the Jim was fired for attempting to talk to Miller and Erskin, while an active investigation into Slap-Gate was talking place. Huge no-no that gave the powers that be unnecessary leverage to oust Leavitt. Anyone that read the Slap-Gate report from the outside counsel knows that the alleged acts were really never confirmed. It was a botched investigation into stupidity.

Disgusting take. Brett McMurphy is a vile human being and I wish the worst of existences upon him. No matter how you read this, I assure you that my passion is infinitely more intense than you are imagining. Evil, vile human. 

Edited by mj796