• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt in Tampa…

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, goingbackbull said:

This was from the mouth of Nick Quartaro while he was working at Western Reserve Life Insurance company with me. Look up who he is if you don't know.

Was this the meeting that took place at the LRS center, the church parking lot or the Circle K?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Who would do that? Everyone knows that in 10 short years CJS has a plan to get us to .500, some would even say he is way ahead of schedule 

You forgot to factor in the extra 10 years that CJS gets due to Covid, so we are really in year -9 of the 10 year plan

As such, we should be bowl eligible in 2040:roflmao:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

I've spoken to a former player who told me that what went down in the locker room was not what was reported. **** shame...

It very much so did not go down the way it was reported. I’ll be honest, I blame Erskin the most for all this. Sure Brett too, but Colby is a little *****. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

I've spoken to a former player who told me that what went down in the locker room was not what was reported. **** shame...

I talked to selvies backup immediately after it happened and he told me directly it was nothing that serious and nothing that other players havent gone through. Also, I was friends with ppl that were close to Joel a few years after and said his dad was the one pushing him to go forward. He also was pushing for a book deal to call people out.

Just what ive heard through the years, but to me the whole Leavitt thing was a ghost chase from what I've heard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

That would be interesting negotiating the contract:

"Is Jim Leavitt going to have to choke a beeach."

Choking Andre The Giant GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt was fired because the powers at be wanting him out . . . and he's not coming back.

Forever a Leavitt fan!! He built this program from the ground up!!

Go BULLS !!!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

6 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Leavitt was fired because the powers at be wanting him out . . . and he's not coming back.

Forever a Leavitt fan!! He built this program from the ground up!!

Go BULLS !!!

He was Football through and through. CJL will always be so appreciated for all he did for USF

CJL.jpg

CJL2.jpg

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

16 hours ago, bulloni said:

The ship has sailed on him ever coaching here again, but I would love for the new admin to at least make amends enough to recognize and honor all that he did. It feels like the school likes to pretend he never existed for something that probably is pretty commonplace throughout college football.

Yes. It would be a nice gesture on the part of USF Athletics to give some public recognition to CJL. You hear all this rhetoric out of Athletics re: doing the right thing well, the right thing is to give a nod to CJL for getting this program into the National spotlight in a very short time. It isn't his fault where the program has gone as it digested and regurgitated coaches over the years.           Of course, CJL might just say Screw-Off ??? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ha! Just grin and bear it...it will make you stronger, faster and ride longer...........:yeahbaby:

It’s really pretty pathetic that it is still being discussed and people are living in the past wishing for something that is similar to Santa and the Easter Bunny…Great coach (greatest coach in our history), but for the love of Christ move on with your lives people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

16 hours ago, bulloni said:

The ship has sailed on him ever coaching here again, but I would love for the new admin to at least make amends enough to recognize and honor all that he did. It feels like the school likes to pretend he never existed for something that probably is pretty commonplace throughout college football.

of course he should be honored in some manner

maybe when the stadium is built.  the street could be named jim leavitt way or something similar. please no statues