• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt in Tampa…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Brad said:

Faker.

I get it…If you had your wish there would be no media. 🙄

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get it…If you had your wish there would be no media. 🙄

Media is really not needed anymore if you think about it, not for USF Football.  The people on twitter aren't media.  They're just freelancers building "followers".  With all the access, why do you need someone to tell you what you can see for yourself?  They are only tools now, either that work in your favor or against you.  Bianchi worked in favor of UCF.  TBO worked against USF - to feed their misplaced egos.  

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Media is really not needed anymore if you think about it, not for USF Football.  The people on twitter aren't media.  They're just freelancers building "followers".  With all the access, why do you need someone to tell you what you can see for yourself?  They are only tools now, either that work in your favor or against you.  Bianchi worked in favor of UCF.  TBO worked against USF - to feed their misplaced egos.  

And I am saying Chris is doing that for us (not print media). Is he doing that to get clicks and get attention? Sure, but I could care less. He is on the airwaves saying positive things about USF. Just wait until he starts reporting about the stadium developments today. 

• Upvote 1

Is he saying this on "airwaves"?  Or just his typical twitter USF vs. UCF banter?  Sounds like he's trying to rile up UCF fans again if he's speaking favorable about USF.  I stopped following him a year or three ago.

Sorry, I’m being grumpy. USF can take whatever interest their is on twitter and capitalize.  I shouldn’t be so critical of the (social) media. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Is he saying this on "airwaves"?  Or just his typical twitter USF vs. UCF banter?  Sounds like he's trying to rile up UCF fans again if he's speaking favorable about USF.  I stopped following him a year or three ago.

On the airwaves…he has a video blog through the station has USF guests all the time. Also his sports coverage on tv also has a nice slant toward USF. Again, this has been something that occurred about four months ago so I am not sure if it is him or a station directive (but I bet it’s his initiative). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sorry, I’m being grumpy. USF can take whatever interest their is on twitter and capitalize.  I shouldn’t be so critical of the (social) media. 

Oh hell, I completely understand. To be clear I HATE social media…it has destroyed our society as far as I am concerned. But I’ve learned to follow the things that I have an interest in and block out the things that are wasteful (like I have done with a few of the posters on this board as well 😀). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh hell, I completely understand. To be clear I HATE social media…it has destroyed our society as far as I am concerned.

This appears to be correct.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Brad said:

They are only tools now, either that work in your favor or against you.  Bianchi worked in favor of UCF.  TBO worked against USF - to feed their misplaced egos.

Bianchi worked in favor of Bianchi. He's stuck in a glorified college town when it comes to major sports and he desperately wanted the home team to be at a higher level for HIS benefit, having games with Baylor and Oklahoma State to cover instead of games against Tulsa and SMU. Same pimping happened here with the media when Tampa Bay was entering the pro sports market ....

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

On the airwaves…he has a video blog through the station has USF guests all the time. Also his sports coverage on tv also has a nice slant toward USF. Again, this has been something that occurred about four months ago so I am not sure if it is him or a station directive (but I bet it’s his initiative). 

I actually have a theory here...90 days ago was the IPF groundbreaking ceremony where Weatherford had those comments about the stadium.

If you look at his tweets the weeks before they were mentioning how a stadium isn't really needed and was talking about how UCF was going to get a Big 12 invite for x,y, and z reason. But since then he has been pushing the OCS, been positive about USF, and leaks USF related news here and there.

Idk how it works but it seems like someone in the know is trading him access and info in exchange for him painting USF in a more positive light.