• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt in Tampa…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

If we hire Leavitt we then have our future Interm Head Coach after Scott is **** canned. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, E.T. said:

He's waiting for Jim to return the call.

relaxing jeff bridges GIF

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

If we hire Leavitt we then have our future Interm Head Coach after Scott is **** canned. 

Give some an inch and they take a yard…

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

SMU promoted the OC to HC yesterday instead of Leavitt who has HC experience.  Maybe he is looking to jump ship. 

SMU hired their former OC, who most recently was the OC at Miami.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Which is why he wouldnt be hired as DC here...many people would instantly want him promoted to HC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Ok probably not even a thing but...All things are new and different at USF now. Always was debated whether CJL got railroaded or not by the Admin. He did wield a lot of clout. He was brash and no nonsense. If you were the subject of an extremely partial investigation, what would you do? Fight? Tell them to screw off? What if your perceived Lie was actually the Truth? Would you scramble and try to cover your ass and protect yourself? There was always the Big Question "If" it really happened the way the player said it did. Back then isn't now. If a player got in your face while you were pumped up trying to win a football game, do you think that player might get popped? (it wasn't a rare thing) Obviously, the player didn't get knocked out or lose teeth so....was it a slap just to shut him up and get him away. What exactly was ever said by the player? Thing is, this player and his father ran to the press. The drooling media had fresh meat to run with and get national attention. I always had some serious reservations about this entire fiasco. CJL may not want to open himself up to what todays media (or society) would do to him. They like to cancel and ruin lives. He's 60+. He can get hired at a good salary coaching the game he loves so why ever expose yourself to the ass ache potential?? And that is my CJL moment. He will be a topic potential until all the old guys die off (or go into a home) and the young ones dont know or give a darn about CJL. Well, I mowed today so it's time for a Power Ade and Dark Rum. Adios...                           

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

While he's still a vile human being, he no longer has Doug and Judy's bidding to do.  I don't even think he has his guy on the inside anymore.

Maybe now that the guys in the locker rooms are adults, maybe they can tell us about McMurphy's time with them.

Brad, 

I saw the article with that guy mocking USF while seemingly celebrating UCF's invite to the Big 12.  With everyone gone from the time (outside of us "die hards") he was doing his bidding to destroy the program, it seems odd that he still likes to take cheap shots at a downtrodden team.  He has not let up all of these years.  I have brought up the subject with family and friends who have no ties to USF and they are perplexed as to why he still carries a grudge with all said persons now gone. His hatred is irrational at a glance.  There must be a story there somewhere as to why he still has it out for poor ol' USF. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

What's worse is all his little journo-friends and those that pretend on the internet support him as well.  Leavitt "fake news-ed"his ass before it was thing.  Brett will never forget his failure covering the Bulls that ultimately led to his unethical behavior and subsequent termination.  He's gonna hold that grudge until his grave.  Afterall, it's how the whole Tampa Tribune behaved regarding USF back then.  Punchbowl of turds.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The ship has sailed on him ever coaching here again, but I would love for the new admin to at least make amends enough to recognize and honor all that he did. It feels like the school likes to pretend he never existed for something that probably is pretty commonplace throughout college football.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

The ship has sailed on him ever coaching here again, but I would love for the new admin to at least make amends enough to recognize and honor all that he did. It feels like the school likes to pretend he never existed for something that probably is pretty commonplace throughout college football.

CJS has mentioned him and the work he put into the program. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

I've spoken to a former player who told me that what went down in the locker room was not what was reported. **** shame...