• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

USF isn’t Michigan or Oregon. u know your geography 👏🏽

do u know what will attract the state’s 3rd & 4th tier talent to the state’s worst D1 team?
do u know what will keep them here once they commit & they realize literally *NONE* of the things promised by the coaching staff during recruiting are happening?

sometimes it takes gimmicks, especially when you’re dealing with fickle 18, 19 & 20 year olds, some of them just out of ***high school, with access to a transfer portal & more rights as to where they play & more cushy amenities & perks than ever in the history of college revenue sports.

USF doesn’t have the eight centuries of tradition that Michigan has or the partnership with the most popular sportswear brand of the last 4 decades that Oregon does…

it also doesn’t have the luxury of defining itself as a brand new program the way it did in its first 13 seasons with Jim Leavitt. this program has spent ALMOST as much time playing musical coaching chairs as it did playing for CJL.

there is A LOT of water under that bridge, a lot of skeletons in that closet, a lot of baggage & a lot of hard, bitter feelings “for such a young program” NONE of which are marketable to these young players.

even the few bright spots on the program’s resume mean virtually nothing to an 18 year old kid deciding between USF & FAU… & by virtually nothing I mean less than a gimmicky “slime” colored helmet decal.

i know it’s hard for the boomers to fully accept, but this is exactly what USF is now. failure to accept USF for what it was 10 years ago when we were still a reasonably decent 2nd tier mid-major FBS school (by 2nd tier mid-major i mean a cute upstart/darkhorse that was good for an upset or 2 during the season but never won **** at the end of the day. see: Boise St, Utah, TCU, UCF for 1st tier mid-majors if u need a comparative reference) is in very large part why this pill is so hard for so many to swallow now.

so how about embracing the slime because it’s one of the only even moderately exciting things to happen on the field for USF this season. unless u have some better suggestions of “things USF football did in 2021 worth getting excited about,” but i’m taking the safe bet & riding with the slime unis.

With all of that…the slime still sucks… 

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Boomer sooner!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I am old school, but I thought those helmets looked really sharp.  Shame we didn’t win the game while they were being used.  
I think even us old folks would stop whining about non-traditional uniforms if we won once in a while.  Winning fixes everything.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

I enjoyed answering texts asking why our uniforms were so silly.  My answer was apparently the kids like them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

As a proud Boomer, I absolutely love the Slime/SoFlo unis, especially the black ones ....

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the lime green on white.

It's not intimidating at all!!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, BullAdrian said:

I hate the lime green on white.

It's not intimidating at all!!

Maybe it’s the players in the uniform that aren’t intimidating…just a thought

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

On 11/24/2021 at 6:22 AM, monktified said:

There is nothing wrong with having multiple uniforms. The salute to service uniforms were awesome, are there a few combinations that we could do without sure!  The problem is you can dress a turd up but at the end of the day its still a turd it has nothing to do with the uniforms. 

you really want the press  making fun of your uniforms?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Our media coverage is a joke, so do not see how that really impacts anything.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,332
  • Days Won:  25

My favorite uniform is the uniform we win in. I don't care what we wear , but what uniforms we wear when be beat the top teams in our conference or upset big time programs. The best memories were in the old school uniforms when we beat FSU, Miami, WVU, and Auburn in.

• Upvote 2