• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

hate the slime green. I miss Leavitt's attitude. No gimmicks. Classic, traditional football uniforms and colors.

PREACH 

7 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The only worse uniform issues were the NFL's "Color rush" uniform travesty they stopped doing.

Those were hilarious pajamas on TNF.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Really dont care what they wear..as long as recruits like it...just win. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

11 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The helmets are really cool....  but I don't understand the lime green.

FE1j1LiWQAojQA_?format=jpg&name=large

LOVE THIS STRIP !

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

It feels very much like a minor league baseball stunt... because USF seems to be the only school doing the "slime" stuff or using some kind of neon version of their school color. 

The only worse uniform issues were the NFL's "Color rush" uniform travesty they stopped doing.

USF may not be Michigan ... but USF is also not Oregon.

Well, we're a minor league college football program and struggling with attendance.  Fair enough, however Sparty and Oregon have both donned Neon this year as well.  I'm not a fan either.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I hate the slime green. I miss Leavitt's attitude. No gimmicks. Classic, traditional football uniforms and colors. Play like a real football team, look like a real football team while doing it. Off colors are just gimmicks, and ESPECIALLY when we're not playing well, it doesn't reflect well. Sure, I get the argument that the team should get a little leeway to show some swagger if putting up wins, but I would still rather we got back to that old school smashmouth attitude. We don't  need gimmicky colors, we just smash mouths and hand out losses to opponents.

I feel like the slime isnt a gimmick when every sport at the school has multiple slime uniforms. If you havent seen either, it seems like every recruit that posts pics from their visits at USF are wearing a slime uniform...assuming that's their choice. To smash mouths we need better players. These young guys love a variety of uniform...uniforms matter to them...which matters WAY MORE than our opinion

Edited by BiggTipp
grammar
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952

1 hour ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

Well, we're a minor league college football program and struggling with attendance.  Fair enough, however Sparty and Oregon have both donned Neon this year as well.  I'm not a fan either.  

Sparty fans actually hate the slime green jerseys, they’re despised up here. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, michibull said:

Sparty fans actually hate the slime green jerseys, they’re despised up here. 

Respect.  Sparty sticks to their color scheme mostly unlike us.  It should be green with gold helmets.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I know the players like the variation in uniforms, but we were just simply better when we wore the same thing week in and week out.

I'd hope the players would choose winning in standard uniforms rather than losing in cool uniforms.  If we could have both, that would be a bonus all around.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952

25 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Respect.  Sparty sticks to their color scheme mostly unlike us.  It should be green with gold helmets.

Yeah, they do a pretty good job. I agree, we need to stick to our core jerseys (gold helmet, dark green jerseys). People point out that we are not Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, USC, ND, but we can’t build tradition if we keep changing everything. It’s ok to throw in a “special” edition once a year, most schools do that now; BUT, we really do need to establish an identity. The early 00’s were great because we were the only ones with mustard yellow gold helmets and forest green shirts and pants. On highlights or passing through channels, you could spot plus right away; now we just look like every other desperate mid major trying to get attention.  

• Upvote 1