• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lack of fiery personalities….

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, michibull said:

So, I am just curious, because I do not know these football players at all; but, I see no leader with a fiery personality whatsoever. With CJL teams, though we had good athletes, we never had highly talented players; but what we did have was a lot of motivated, fiery personalities. You look at Kawika Mitchell, Andre Hall, Stephen Nicholas, Matt Grothe, Ben Moffitt, all would never accept defeat. CJL was a loose canon and so was our team. With every play you could see our whole team react and get jacked up. They were hungry and determined. Other than QF, It’s something I haven’t seen since CJL. Maybe we need to stop looking at nice guy coaches who are up and coming and find a DC that is old school and is not PC. We need to recruit kids that have a chip on their should and forget about the 3.0 GPA students. I’m sick of the passive coaches and play styles, it’s not working and hasn’t worked for some time. Let’s get back to aggressive, “us against the world” coaches and players. 

I’ve been saying this exact thing for years.  Grier has a bit of that in him, and I’ve seen a small increase in the swagger this year, but not nearly enough.  It’s sad, but I have been finding myself hoping for a personal foul penalty or two, to at least show a little bit of passion/fight in our team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

I’m not saying he is the worst coach in the history of college football but I’m checking out of the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and I asked the concierge where the toilet was. He asked if I was taking a Jeff Scott I asked if it was because I was wearing my USF hat and he told me that he didn’t know what that was.

• Haha 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I think you mean we need CJL back. If that is what you are saying, I am ready to buy season tickets until the day I die. This university seems to care more about being lame than winning. He slapped a player?? THEY HIT EACH OTHER ALL DAY. Wake up and get some spunk back. This isn't a soft city, and we don't deserve this SOFT program. I just want passion. BRING BACK JIM. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 hour ago, michibull said:

So, I am just curious, because I do not know these football players at all; but, I see no leader with a fiery personality whatsoever. With CJL teams, though we had good athletes, we never had highly talented players; but what we did have was a lot of motivated, fiery personalities. You look at Kawika Mitchell, Andre Hall, Stephen Nicholas, Matt Grothe, Ben Moffitt, all would never accept defeat. CJL was a loose canon and so was our team. With every play you could see our whole team react and get jacked up. They were hungry and determined. Other than QF, It’s something I haven’t seen since CJL. Maybe we need to stop looking at nice guy coaches who are up and coming and find a DC that is old school and is not PC. We need to recruit kids that have a chip on their should and forget about the 3.0 GPA students. I’m sick of the passive coaches and play styles, it’s not working and hasn’t worked for some time. Let’s get back to aggressive, “us against the world” coaches and players. 

Tom Allen had a fiery personality, and his defense responded well to him I thought. The Bullshark thing was pretty well received here.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I wish lack of passion was the reason. I think we simply aren't talented enough to overlook an opponent. I appreciate coach Levitt, but I really believe some of you all long for him like people long for their first love.

It was sweet because it was new, it wasn't meant to be though. He wasn't the only coach for us, those weren't the last of our good days, it was perfect for what it was. The college landscape has changed so much since then. We,  have changed so much since then. 

We'll always have the memories though, isn't that enough???

Our young team is learning some valuable lessons. They hurt, just as much as our first heartbreak, but they make us better in the long run. I bet we won't look over another team again. 

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I wish lack of passion was the reason. I think we simply aren't talented enough to overlook an opponent. I appreciate coach Levitt, but I really believe some of you all long for him like people long for their first love.

It was sweet because it was new, it wasn't meant to be though. He wasn't the only coach for us, those weren't the last of our good days, it was perfect for what it was. The college landscape has changed so much since then. We,  have changed so much since then. 

We'll always have the memories though, isn't that enough???

Our young team is learning some valuable lessons. They hurt, just as much as our first heartbreak, but they make us better in the long run. I bet we won't look over another team again. 

I'll bet you're on the side of keeping CJS too

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Tom Allen had a fiery personality, and his defense responded well to him I thought. The Bullshark thing was pretty well received here.

Tom Allen was a good get for us back in the day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

I'll bet you're on the side of keeping CJS too

I am. There's flashes of progress, just really bad luck with injuries. I think Coach Allen was over hyped as well. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

7 hours ago, michibull said:

Congratulations, after this post you've officially been cancelled by TDS and their blind following