• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lack of fiery personalities….

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,090
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Fiery personalities have no correlation to winning.

It is true.  All types of personalities can be leaders if they learn to harness their skills.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

During the game USF appeared to have the same enthusiasm and effort as last years team. D wouldnt be lined up just looking around. Dbacks? there is one good one. Would appear that BMillers replacement had 2 dropped passes, one fumble and one catch.(still wonder why Miller left he was a team player??) The O line stood and watched the QB scramble a couple times and made no effort to take on Tulane players in pursuit. Oh hell.....we just sucked. I will beat this drum however, Fortin got a chance and should he can move the team--good for him. Maybe he can at least get some game footage to show another school. You roll the dice on a freshman and sometimes that freshman looks like a freshman. He needed to go earlier. All in all--Disgusted.

Fortin is not the answer, far from it. If he ever plays it will be at the FCS level. McClain is 18 years old playing his first season. Yesterday he had a bad game. It happens. Try looking at the good things he has done this year and the growth he will have next year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Fortin is not the answer, far from it. If he ever plays it will be at the FCS level. McClain is 18 years old playing his first season. Yesterday he had a bad game. It happens. Try looking at the good things he has done this year and the growth he will have next year. 

100%, he is our future, which is bleak if we don’t build a defense.  The only bright spot for the year is we have a QB, he was terrible yesterday as was everyone else.  We lack talent and have very poor coaching which is a recipe for the disaster we are witnessing.  Sad but once again ready for the off season.  I used to be sad when the their season ended but now I am completely ambivalent 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To the contrary of your opinion. Fortin is a sophomore. Is he a run around the backfield, run lateral to the line kinda guy? Probably not-more structured player. Does he have better field vision than McC? I believe he does. Did he show he had some scrambling abilities-Yep sure did. Is McC the next Deshaun Watson? Trevor Lawrence? Is he the future of USF football? Maybe-Maybe not. He has flashes-not consistency. All of our opponents QB's have outplayed him in our games except, the 2 we won. I will go back to what I've said several times: I hope CJS finds or has another QB in the wings that is better than McC. With all of his running around( yep sometimes impressive and sometimes-wtf) he is prob going to get beat up and not be able to play. Yesterday, he is hit in the head and obviously rattled but...in he goes. Of course everyone has to be a McC believer because we all hope we can find a QB that can lead this team. 

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

100%, he is our future, which is bleak if we don’t build a defense.  The only bright spot for the year is we have a QB, he was terrible yesterday as was everyone else.  We lack talent and have very poor coaching which is a recipe for the disaster we are witnessing.  Sad but once again ready for the off season.  I used to be sad when the their season ended but now I am completely ambivalent 

Our defense is simply atrocious and Spencer needs to go now. I don’t care if it breaks up continuity and creating a new system…who cares???? The current system does not work and the man has failed to show even an ounce of improvement. Scott has got to pull the trigger on the guy and bring in some better. 

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

To the contrary of your opinion. Fortin is a sophomore. Is he a run around the backfield, run lateral to the line kinda guy? Probably not-more structured player. Does he have better field vision than McC? I believe he does. Did he show he had some scrambling abilities-Yep sure did. Is McC the next Deshaun Watson? Trevor Lawrence? Is he the future of USF football? Maybe-Maybe not. He has flashes-not consistency. All of our opponents QB's have outplayed him in our games except, the 2 we won. I will go back to what I've said several times: I hope CJS finds or has another QB in the wings that is better than McC. With all of his running around( yep sometimes impressive and sometimes-wtf) he is prob going to get beat up and not be able to play. Yesterday, he is hit in the head and obviously rattled but...in he goes. Of course everyone has to be a McC believer because we all hope we can find a QB that can lead this team. 

Fortin has some upside but he is a poor version TM. Fortin does not have the same arm strength or mobility that TM has and that gap is only going to bigger each year. TM needs to finish up this year, put on some muscle (which he said is the plan at last weeks press conference) and hit the playbook. He will, in my opinion, be the fourth best QB in the program’s history when he is done. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Our defense is simply atrocious and Spencer needs to go now. I don’t care if it breaks up continuity and creating a new system…who cares???? The current system does not work and the man has failed to show even an ounce of improvement. Scott has got to pull the trigger on the guy and bring in some better. 

This will happen, he cannot afford to not make the move over the offseason, status quo would be disastrous and he needs to take some of the heat off of him and firing a coordinator or two will do that to a certain extent.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

This will happen, he cannot afford to not make the move over the offseason, status quo would be disastrous and he needs to take some of the heat off of him and firing a coordinator or two will do that to a certain extent.

I believe so…if only to show that he is “trying” to address the issue. For me Scott has got to show me minimally 5 wins next year or I want him gone (not that USF gives a **** what I think). 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I believe so…if only to show that he is “trying” to address the issue. For me Scott has got to show me minimally 5 wins next year or I want him gone (not that USF gives a **** what I think). 

8 wins in 3 years and he keeps his job? I kinda agree with you,  6 he keeps it, 5 only if he beats c. 

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

8 wins in 3 years and he keeps his job? I kinda agree with you,  6 he keeps it, 5 only if he beats c. 

Yeah, I can live with 5 and beating central…especially since next year is the last time we will play them for a while. The problem he has is that MK did him no favors with the hefty scheduling out of conference.

Edited by NewEnglandBull