• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Bulls club cluster****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

they all grew up and moved to DC.......But maybe their grandkids go to USF?

sickle.jpg

No, i think they're hanging with the fascists down in Mar-a-Lago. Those two groups are joined at the hip.

Regarding the SBC, I'd love to see it more active again. They had some great t-shirt designs back in their more active years.

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Unless I'm reading things wrong, the SBC topped out at 40, which I assume was in our "glory days". Considering the student attendance back in those days, this thing was pretty much a non factor even back then so trying to use the current situation as a means of attacking MK is pretty weak.

And I've stated the following on other threads, but it bears repeating. USF has a complicated culture problem. I think it's the kind of student we recruit combined with the academic disconnect from athletics.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I’m not sure if he has any control over it or not, the post seems to indicate that now the university is going to do something about it so he probably can have some influence, I just think it’s funny to talk about how the club has three members but what an amazing job VPMK is doing to interact with them and drive interest (it has three members comprised entirely of leadership).

If VPMK Is really doing amazing and no one can conceivably do better yet we have a student fan club of 3, attendance in 10’s of thousands, have a $10 million dollar budget deficit despite bringing in $20 million in student fees and we can’t compete in neither football nor mens basketball I’m not really sure what that means for if athletics is tenable here.

So we should fire him and eat yet another contract and double pay for another AD?  Wait, wrong thread.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So we should fire him and eat yet another contract and double pay for another AD?  Wait, wrong thread.

Haha not quite but we should probably consider if we need a contract of his size to drive this level of success or instead of just talking about doing a great job we can do something to raise the top and bottom dollars and fund the salary through success , either way. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You haunt my dreams ....

Think kind of like Trump if he were a narcissistic sociopath 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,981
  • Days Won:  12

Mountain out of a mole hill. Exacerbated by social media.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

No, i think they're hanging with the fascists down in Mar-a-Lago. Those two groups are joined at the hip.

Regarding the SBC, I'd love to see it more active again. They had some great t-shirt designs back in their more active years.

Ha! just couldn't help yourself touchy touchy. All kinds of folks in DC good, bad, evil, dandy, left, right, center, off-center, useless, deranged, demented, intelligent, ignorant and I'm sure there's lots of commies too. Be a likely place for any to go.                 Don't know if they wear t-shirts or not...maybe? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

There have been countless repetitive topics/posts on TBP over the years about the student section. Why the low attendance? Why the lack of interest by new alumni, why the lack of participation with USF after graduation?  Seems we are always wondering WHY?? people are not interested in supporting the university, athletics. Maybe this article provides some insight into just how bad it is. Remember old WT trying to get the students riled up and interested. It did have some effect. Our age old question that seems to evade an explanation. What is so different about USF??    Maybe today there will be a nice crowd and some students having some fun???  

For me, it could be that USF up until pretty recently was thought of as a commuter school. When Betty Castor became Pres, she started making campus look a bit less like a prison from the 1950s, and with that we eventually got new dorms, a Greek row, parking garage, and some pretty major beautification to the grounds. To me, USF has changed a huge amount, and shook the commuter label, but maybe that old perception is still there? That we're not a "real" school with culture and traditions and campus life, etc. And so there's just not that emotional connection with the community, alums, etc.

Or maybe the Tampa area is just not interested in a local university no matter what we do and students run away screaming once they get their degrees, never to look back again?

It's a really interesting and weird problem to me. I have no answer.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, widerberg said:

For me, it could be that USF up until pretty recently was thought of as a commuter school. When Betty Castor became Pres, she started making campus look a bit less like a prison from the 1950s, and with that we eventually got new dorms, a Greek row, parking garage, and some pretty major beautification to the grounds. To me, USF has changed a huge amount, and shook the commuter label, but maybe that old perception is still there? That we're not a "real" school with culture and traditions and campus life, etc. And so there's just not that emotional connection with the community, alums, etc.

Or maybe the Tampa area is just not interested in a local university no matter what we do and students run away screaming once they get their degrees, never to look back again?

OCS is the way

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, widerberg said:

Yep, You are echoing the "wonders" "why's" and "how comes" that have been talked and thought about over and over again. There seems to be a cap on interest level for USF..Like you, nobody seems to know why? Maybe just maybe, if football and bball can attain a consistent winning level like so many other USF sports...maybe a fan base will grow?? One of the great mysteries of life 

• Like 1