• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Bulls club cluster****

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I skimmed Will's story as it all sounded so inconsequential.  But he's also a reporter at that site or a site and has to deal with Athletics.  So if he used this failure to heap praise on Kelly, he's as off base as anyone.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I skimmed Will's story as it all sounded so inconsequential.  But he's also a reporter at that site or a site and has to deal with Athletics.  So if he used this failure to heap praise on Kelly, he's as off base as anyone.

Ya I just checked back because I only skimmed it as well I guess the praise is more in the brilliant work of a former member and about the inroads they made with VpMk and athletics more so than the opposite way. Still I would have paid money just to have my name left out entirely. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Will (whoever that is) I wouldn’t have associated VPMK with the organization at all but for no reason he dragged him in there as having made in roads that should be bringing in more people if not for the efforts of the group’s leadership. If VPMK was doing anything worth while with the organization someone would have joined outside of the group and if the group is just so toxic and misusing funds as described then why is he wasting any time with them?

What am I missing? Here's the paragraph with the only mention of Kelly, highlighted, that I can see and not sure how you got from that to your above post ....

Alisha did some terrific things once getting involved with SBC, getting Twitter interaction at an all-time high (mind you the account hadn't been tended to since June before Alisha got in), and even got AD Kelly to agree to painting up at a future home game if 10,000 students attend the homecoming game on Saturday vs. Houston. Brilliant work. Got alumni on the same page with students in some sense and bridge a gap that's needed bridge for a few years now. The club, which had been at 40 members at one point (which is EXTREMELY low for a club dues fee south of $40) was down to 3 - the President, VP and Treasurer - when Alisha and her roommate, Ashley, got involved and joined the club. T H R E E people for a club that's supposed to be front and center for getting students involved in USF Athletics. How!? Leadership.

Just now, Triple B said:

What am I missing? Here's the paragraph with the only mention of Kelly, highlighted, that I can see and not sure how you got from that to your above post ....

Alisha did some terrific things once getting involved with SBC, getting Twitter interaction at an all-time high (mind you the account hadn't been tended to since June before Alisha got in), and even got AD Kelly to agree to painting up at a future home game if 10,000 students attend the homecoming game on Saturday vs. Houston. Brilliant work. Got alumni on the same page with students in some sense and bridge a gap that's needed bridge for a few years now. The club, which had been at 40 members at one point (which is EXTREMELY low for a club dues fee south of $40) was down to 3 - the President, VP and Treasurer - when Alisha and her roommate, Ashley, got involved and joined the club. T H R E E people for a club that's supposed to be front and center for getting students involved in USF Athletics. How!? Leadership.

See above 

Just now, puc86 said:

See above 

Yeah, just did and I wish your reading skills were as proficient as your writing skills .....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, just did and I wish your reading skills were as proficient as your writing skills .....

You should see my listening skills, I most just sit annoyed waiting for the person to shut up so I can talk again 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You should see my listening skills, I most just sit annoyed waiting for the person to shut up so I can talk again 

That's exactly how I envisioned you ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That's exactly how I envisioned you ....

Awe you think of me, I’m touched 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Awe you think of me, I’m touched 

You haunt my dreams ....

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Even more reason to double the athletic fee per semester registration.

The university itself has to be the #1 investor into athletics/football. The marketing benefits are the real bargain. It is national brand recognition. 

When I was a student in the Big East days, I wore USF gear in Los Angeles, and would have a handful of people say something about USF Football. Otherwise, they would have had no idea about USF at all, just like I had never heard of USF when I was a kid in South Florida. 

It is pathetic that the University hasn't invested anything but new sod on practice fields in 20 years.