• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Spencer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

I would bet Fortin is going to transfer and doesn't want to waste a year of eligibility.

I'm thinking the same and wouldn't be surprised. In his recruitment story he was already going to accept the offer from--I think it was Syracuse? Then CJS came in at the last minute and wooed him over to USF. He comes across as a very ethical young man so I doubt he would do any acting out or anti team but, by appearances he isn't getting a fair shot at starting and I think he has the tools/experience. I'm hoping that part of this isn't about JS finding a gem in the rough McC, and then turning him into a superstar..like so and so at Clem...?? To me, Marsh is good and big but, he looks exactly like last year level. Throws off balance, hurries it and too many times it's a sky ball. McC is more talented so he can tuck and run at will which has gotten him where he is currently-hurt. Oh well....I'm just a fan observer

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Marsh was bad. That pick was a very lazy read. 

Yep. Too many balls lofted over the receivers head. Too many thrown behind the receiver. Luckily, he had Miller(yea!) in there to snare a couple of pretty edgy throws. His throws were leading to weaver getting killed trying to salvage a catch. The soft D ?? Go figure......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, smazza said:

i can i can

when you dont have talented dbs

the defense is designed not to give up the big play

it is frustrating to say the least

you cant play aggressive when your dbs cant cover and cant tackle

You can't play aggressive on a small number of plays throughout the game? On 4th downs when they need 4 or 5 yards they can't push up a bit? Can't have your corners play press coverage and still have safeties deep in case it goes wrong? It feels like we rush 3 90% of the time, so dropping 8 into coverage, we can't find a way to be a tiny bit aggressive in certain spots? On the last drive of the game, down 12, with 2 minutes left our cornerbacks were back pedaling on the snap of the ball after already lining up 6 -7 yards off the WR when there was no way in hell ECU was throwing the ball. The game was over at that point, but it's small things like that where you have to wonder what is going on from a coaching standpoint. Offensive Coordinators have a very easy job against us. We'll give them a 7-8 yard pass every play if they want it. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704

The defensive scheme is so terrible.  Probably the only thing I am interested in right now when it comes to USF football is to see if Jeffy Scott has the balls to fire Spencer after the season concludes on Black Friday.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

A different play would be nice 

Can we at least bring  back  the hb dive on 3?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yes, very very old. Same play virtually same scenario in what, 3-4 diff games..seems like you might come up w something else since it repeatedly doesn't get you a yard or a foot. Marsh upped his completion rate to the other team again. Same last year. Diff between Marsh and Fortin as back-up?? Who knows we never get to see it. Marsh looks no diff than he did last season. 4th quarter yesterday, USF had lost control of the game, go to Fortin-his handoff's are very good he disguises them perfectly. They prob run about the same. Fortin has an arm and maybe more accurate but, he never plays so never know. ECU changed their plan at the 1/2 and just plain whipped us.     

Fortin's only 2 starts this year were games we knew ahead of time we'd be getting blown out in. I suppose they could have given him the chance to settle in against in-conference teams, rather than just giving him the hook after Florida & NC State. He was the clear #1 QB coming into the season. Great arm, has some mobility....probably at least equal to Marsh....but he's fallen behind Marsh on the depth chart somehow. Didn't take long for things to go completely South for that guy. Will be interesting to see who they go with if Timmy's not ready for Houston...

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Fortin's only 2 starts this year were games we knew ahead of time we'd be getting blown out in. I suppose they could have given him the chance to settle in against in-conference teams, rather than just giving him the hook after Florida & NC State. He was the clear #1 QB coming into the season. Great arm, has some mobility....probably at least equal to Marsh....but he's fallen behind Marsh on the depth chart somehow. Didn't take long for things to go completely South for that guy. Will be interesting to see who they go with if Timmy's not ready for Houston...

JS needs to start Fortin and let him play like he did with Marsh. At least give the kid some film so he can transfer out if he isn't going to play. Marsh is the same Marsh as last season..same. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I'm thinking the same and wouldn't be surprised. In his recruitment story he was already going to accept the offer from--I think it was Syracuse? Then CJS came in at the last minute and wooed him over to USF. He comes across as a very ethical young man so I doubt he would do any acting out or anti team but, by appearances he isn't getting a fair shot at starting and I think he has the tools/experience. I'm hoping that part of this isn't about JS finding a gem in the rough McC, and then turning him into a superstar..like so and so at Clem...?? To me, Marsh is good and big but, he looks exactly like last year level. Throws off balance, hurries it and too many times it's a sky ball. McC is more talented so he can tuck and run at will which has gotten him where he is currently-hurt. Oh well....I'm just a fan observer

Didn't he start 2 games and everyone called for McClain?  

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't he start 2 games and everyone called for McClain?  

Like game 1 and 2 like UB727 mentioned above. Two games destined to get our butts kicked. Offense always starts the season slower than the D in most cases. I always thght if McC was as hot a prospect as advertised poss he should go red shirt since, we allegedly had Williams(ex starter ACC), Fortin(ex starter ACC) and Marsh 2nd year guy. But appears the ACC folks didnt work out since McC has his red shirt blown. Poss some recruiting vs transfer problems. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, BulledOver said:

What experience does Fortin have? Have you looked at how much he played before USF? I think it was 4 games. He’s not a quality quarterback and continues to lose his starting role. 

Edited by CycleBull