• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

One has to hope that teams like SMU and Houston can't revert on their decisions (regardless of penalty from the Big East), and hope that since C-USA has already set up its future with 14 teams including UT-SA, North Texas, FIU, LA Tech, Charlotte, and Old Dominion, they can't "take back" anyone. That will at least keep the four C-USA teams (UCF, UH, SMU, Memphis) from jumping ship back to where they came from - may be too late for them now.

I can definitely see Boise State and San Diego State going back to the Mountain West. They were sticking around for the TV money - which could still end up being slightly better than the MWC - but may not be enough to keep those two teams around. Also notice that Idaho and New Mexico State are the only two teams from the WAC that weren't gobbled up by the MWC (like San Jose State and Utah State were - both of whom are having fantastic seasons right now)...they will have had ten teams come next year, but if Boise and San Diego State decide to come back, you have a twelve team league in MWC (and they could still go to 14 with Idaho and NM State - though I think they get pushed back to FCS or end up being geographically crappy SunBelt partners).

One has to truly hope TV market size isn't the ultimate trump card here. Even with less than stellar football attendance, Temple becomes a threat. Call me crazy, but I think they do. Their basketball is quite solid and has excelled - and I think they would excel in the Big East once they entered hoops play. Philly is TV market #5 I think and that's one area that isn't too locked down by the ACC. Maryland is gone so that proximity is weakened, and Pitt doesn't capture Philly, neither does UConn (and Rutgers' proximity to Philly is gone to the Big Tens rights).

The proximity of Temple to UConn, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, VT, and the Carolinas gives them a sleeper's chance. It would be unwise to disregard them as an ACC candidate. They could be another Duke/SU/BC/WF type of school.

Edit - at this time, I'm going on a limb to say Navy never arrives. They're not going to be a program that ever gets to a playoff or a "champions" bowl or anything. They might as well stay Independent and keep their national schedule tour and enjoy the bowls they do make it to.

Edited by Danm1983

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

it's just a dumb twitter rumor (though from a reputable source, who called maryland to b10), but mhver3 says USF, Cincy, RU have made pitches to B12 before.

Rest assured, USF is not staying quiet right now. Whether anything materializes or not is mostly outside our control

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

"ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports." https://twitter.com/JFowlerCBS

"I am hearing GT and UVA to the Big 10 by next week. At least that's what I'm hearing" https://twitter.com/mhver3

Go back and read some of his tweets, he called B1G moving a month or so ago.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

If I remember correctly, Boise State waited on the last possible day to exit the conference for 2013.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Rest assured, USF is not staying quiet right now. Whether anything materializes or not is mostly outside our control

Voice of reason.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

double post
Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

funny stuff:

MHver3 â€@MHver3

But the ACC cannot afford to lose CU, FSU and vagtech

Expand

4m wvuscott_normal.jpgMHver3 â€@MHver3

Espn practically begging us to swipe UL and USF to prevent the demise of the ACC as legitimate FB conference. MD to Big is fine. GT, UVa too

Expand

8m wvuscott_normal.jpgMHver3 â€@MHver3

Acc in panic mode. FSU on the horn with guess who and BC irate over possible inclusion of Uconn. Fun times.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

must be a great feeling for rutgers.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

that guy is complete BS...

the networks do not beg for this stuff.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Voice of reason.

+1