• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

My prediction if it's Uconn over UL first and then FSU does not look towards Big 12 then Jimbo is not FSUs coach next year.

That's a bit drastic. Why do you predict that?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

"ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports." https://twitter.com/JFowlerCBS

"I am hearing GT and UVA to the Big 10 by next week. At least that's what I'm hearing" https://twitter.com/mhver3

Then ACC will take Uconn, Louisville, Cincy... Rutgers will be in Big10. Leaves USF all alone. Our only hope is a move by the Big 12 for a FL school.

Not sure why you think they'd pick Cincy over USF. Doesn't make sense on a lot of levels. I don't think USF gets in to replace Maryland, but I definitely think it gets in to replace GT or UVA. Can't say I have any facts or figures, but USF is overall a better choice than Cincy.

I'm curious as to why you think USF is more attractive than Cincy?

Cincy adds a market to the ACC (#34 biggest market in the country), USF adds no new market

Cincy opens up Ohio recruiting to the ACC (one of the top 3 recruiting states in the country) vs 2 FL schools already in ACC

Cincy has higher rated academics

USF is a larger school (enrollment), but UC still has 42,000 students

Cincy has stronger basketball history (2 national titles, 26 tournament appearances) vs USF's 2 appearances

Cincy has recent success in football (won 3 of last 4 Big East titles)

Not saying Cincy is a lock to be picked up over USF, or that either of them will be picked up at any point by the ACC, just curious as to what your reasoning is behind why USF is such a better choice.

I love both schools, I hope both land somewhere great (preferably together), just have to politely disagree with your overall statement.

I disagree with your statement that adding USF doesn't add a market. We can quibble about how much of the Tampa market FSU and Miami capture, but Tampa has hosted Super Bowls and anchors central Florida. There's a strong demographic shift in the U.S. going on, to the south from the midwest. Also, keep in mind that the ACC has Clemson, Wake, North Carolina, and NC State - FOUR Carolina schools, three in North Carolina. One could make the argument that the ACC doesn't need all of these Carolina schools. If the ACC were inclined to follow the demographic shift and expand into a major metropolitan area, Tampa would get the nod over Cincy, to add just a third football school in one of the largest states in the union. USF also has a strong reputation in research, and neither school is AAU (although I bet USF will be within 10 years). While I'm not a fan of RJS, in the interim it is a better stadium than Nippert, and USF has room to grow, whereas I've heard Cincy doesn't.

Those are some of my thoughts. Ultimately, like everyone else on this board, I'm just reading tea leaves. I have nothing against Cincy, although I love USF more than Cincy so I hope I'm right and you're wrong.

UC is top 20 in research, USF is top 50. But yes, both have strong research ties, especially with USF creating CAMLS recently, which is incredible. I'm not sure what you mean by "room to grow", if you care to elaborate. And stadium wise, it's all up to personal opinion, Ray Jay is big, great concessions, easy to get around, but Nippert has an atmosphere that not many places in college football can come close to. But if stadiums are a concern, UC has already been in talks with Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals) to use PBS if UC were to move to a larger conference. So, I get what you're saying, but unless I'm not seeing something, I think research and stadiums are both a wash. With regards to location, I think only the head of the ACC could really answer on which works best for their future, we can all discuss it, but unfortunately no one has any clue as to what's actually going through the minds of the few at the top at this moment. I just hope both USF and UC cut a great deal that benefits both schools in the future. Both are fast growing schools with so much potential and upside, both located in great cities with plenty to do, and both with growing fan bases that are excited about their programs.

I agree. Believe me, while I'm no Cincy fan, I don't want to see a fellow BE school left out in the cold. Cincy and USF have many similarities (both large city schools). I'm hoping they both come out of this OK. We'll see.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238

None of the remaining 4 BE schools should be left out. Really hope they all find places. Seems easy enough:

Big 12 adds BYU, FSU, UL, UC

ACC adds UConn & USF

or, Big 12 also takes Clemson & VT and ACC gets UL & UC.

Puts everyone except the Pac at 14.

Ideally, USF stays with UC and UL, but its every man for himself at this point, we need a new conference, bad.

No one should be insulting UC or Ul though, as they're by far our biggest allies and if we escape the big east, they'll play a large part in that.

Edited by DontPushMe

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think anyone is considering usf today

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

USF will be the last in or the last out of this round of alignment but I'm picking the Bulls to upset the Bearcats

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

USF will be the last in or the last out of this round of alignment but I'm picking the Bulls to upset the Bearcats

This weekend, too, I hope?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

It doesn't have to be very complicated... who are (rumored and/or known) targets for expansion right now and NOT in the BE?

FSU, CU, VT, UNC, GT, UVA

We know Maryland's already gone and UConn is #1 to replace them.

Even if we are theoretically third in line in the Big East, all that has to happen is the top 3 acc targets are picked off and we are likely up. Even if Big 12 takes UL and Cincy, that leaves basically us for the ACC.

Call me crazy but I say we have a greater than 50% chance of being grabbed. More out of luck, necessity, and circumstance, but grabbed nonetheless.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

I'm not sure how to edit my posts, however reading back I feel obligated to edit my last post, UC is top 30 research, not top 20, accidentally hit the 2. Both schools offer a lot to various conferences on many levels. Let's wait it out and hope for the best.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Boise and sdsu in talks to return to Mwc.