• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Guest UCF_Knight_1

Want nothing to do with UCF. Don't know why so many of you want to be tied to their hip. We used to be a pair with UL & UC, and you want to downgrade that to UCF?

Need major shakeups in the ACC and quickly. Ideally everything happens fast. If it happens slow we risk MWC schools bailing and us getting stuck in CUSA.

If Clemson & FSU go to the B12 and the B1G goes back in for GT and UVA we'd be in great shape.

Talk to somebody who didn't grow up in Pinellas county and knows better OK. UCF and USF are both directional schools that started what in the 50's/60's? Both schools historically were commuter schools that have been shedding that skin.

We both play second fiddle to the big three and you were never paired up with UL/UC. You got an invite earlier than anyone could imagine due to really good athletic management by LRS. I think you sold out your stadium when you played us and we sold out ours when you came to Orlando. If the rivalry and schools were given resources it could develop into quite the rivalry. You have nothing in common with some school in Louisville. Quit acting like you go to harvard of the south and get real.

Guest UCF_Knight_1

I doubt any conference takes us both. ACC schools would vomit. Don't think we're up to their academic standard. Big 12 however academics aren't as important.

I agree with this. We both have the "directional" school identity to battle too. Even if we were better academically we don't sound like an established university. Texas can be quite the elitist too. I think we are both screwed. More power to you guys if you get picked up. I am pretty apathetic when it comes to UCF athletics anymore. Can you imagine being a UCF fan? Passed up by USF 8 years ago, finally make it to the party and nobody is there. I guess your story is equally as tragic if you get left behind.

Edited by UCF_Knight_1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

As of this post I think the most likely next move will be FSU and Clemson leave ACC.

If I am the ACC and I am losing 3 schools, FSU, Clemson, Maryland, who do you replace them with? I am thinking USF, Louisville and Uconn. Are the most likely.

Now if SEC makes a move too and big 10 goes for ga tech + 1 then those remaining in ACC will have no choice but to merge with some Big East teams. Will be the old big east plus duke and unc. Will be a basketball conference.

Edited by Gismo

I doubt any conference takes us both. ACC schools would vomit. Don't think we're up to their academic standard. Big 12 however academics aren't as important.

I agree with this. We both have the "directional" school identity to battle too. Even if we were better academically we don't sound like an established university. Texas can be quite the elitist too. I think we are both screwed. More power to you guys if you get picked up. I am pretty apathetic when it comes to UCF athletics anymore. Can you imagine being a UCF fan? Passed up by USF 8 years ago, finally make it to the party and nobody is there. I guess your story is equally as tragic if you get left behind.

I think we're only left behind if FSU stays in the ACC. We have beaten FSU and Clemson and NC State and ND and Miami in the past (despite recent losses) so we should certainly be ahead of of UCF on the invite list.

If ACC loses another 6 teams they'll have to merge with the big east and I think there is a chance USF and UCF get picked up in that case. I think Houston could also be a good grab in place of UCF to get a Texas presence and part of the Houston market.

4h Brennan â€@Brennen_11

@Big_Jake1 oh **** what are they saying? WVU sources saying ESPN pressuring Big 12 to take 2 big east teams so they dont poach FSU/CU

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Want nothing to do with UCF. Don't know why so many of you want to be tied to their hip. We used to be a pair with UL & UC, and you want to downgrade that to UCF?

Need major shakeups in the ACC and quickly. Ideally everything happens fast. If it happens slow we risk MWC schools bailing and us getting stuck in CUSA.

If Clemson & FSU go to the B12 and the B1G goes back in for GT and UVA we'd be in great shape.

Talk to somebody who didn't grow up in Pinellas county and knows better OK. UCF and USF are both directional schools that started what in the 50's/60's? Both schools historically were commuter schools that have been shedding that skin.

We both play second fiddle to the big three and you were never paired up with UL/UC. You got an invite earlier than anyone could imagine due to really good athletic management by LRS. I think you sold out your stadium when you played us and we sold out ours when you came to Orlando. If the rivalry and schools were given resources it could develop into quite the rivalry. You have nothing in common with some school in Louisville. Quit acting like you go to harvard of the south and get real.

The rivalry should be embraced.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ah...twitter sources.

FSU to the Big 12. June 15th. No wait July 15th. No, no August 15th

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

The rivalry should be embraced.

Not saying that the rivalry with UCF shouldn't be built, but don't say we have never been paired with Louisville or UC. We have been conference mates/rivals with both since 1991. (There is more to college athletics than football).

A big part of us getting into the BE had to do with UL lobbying on our behalf.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

DW is making his case:

"I will only tell you the Big East has been a great league for us and I don't want to see schools leaving, but we've never been in a better position,'' Woolard said. "We have the eighth-largest school in America. We have great facilities in place, including a new Sun Dome and a (men's) basketball team coming off an NCAA appearance. People know where our football program has been and the potential it has.

"And we're in Florida with a great TV market.''

Sell it baby! Sell it!

http://www2.tbo.com/...-usf-ar-571036/

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

DW is making his case:

"I will only tell you the Big East has been a great league for us and I don't want to see schools leaving, but we've never been in a better position,'' Woolard said. "We have the eighth-largest school in America. We have great facilities in place, including a new Sun Dome and a (men's) basketball team coming off an NCAA appearance. People know where our football program has been and the potential it has.

"And we're in Florida with a great TV market.''

Sell it baby! Sell it!

http://www2.tbo.com/...-usf-ar-571036/

+1

The idea that USF's administration is now or ever has been "asleep at the wheel" with respect to realignment is doubtful to me. More likely, other conferences just weren't interested in USF, regardless of what USF's fans or administration wanted. With any luck that'll change in this latest round of realignment, if we really get the opportunity to make a move.