• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

"ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports." https://twitter.com/JFowlerCBS

"I am hearing GT and UVA to the Big 10 by next week. At least that's what I'm hearing" https://twitter.com/mhver3

Then ACC will take Uconn, Louisville, Cincy... Rutgers will be in Big10. Leaves USF all alone. Our only hope is a move by the Big 12 for a FL school.

Not sure why you think they'd pick Cincy over USF. Doesn't make sense on a lot of levels. I don't think USF gets in to replace Maryland, but I definitely think it gets in to replace GT or UVA. Can't say I have any facts or figures, but USF is overall a better choice than Cincy.

God I hope you're right. If not, we are done.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

"ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports." https://twitter.com/JFowlerCBS

"I am hearing GT and UVA to the Big 10 by next week. At least that's what I'm hearing" https://twitter.com/mhver3

Then ACC will take Uconn, Louisville, Cincy... Rutgers will be in Big10. Leaves USF all alone. Our only hope is a move by the Big 12 for a FL school.

Not sure why you think they'd pick Cincy over USF. Doesn't make sense on a lot of levels. I don't think USF gets in to replace Maryland, but I definitely think it gets in to replace GT or UVA. Can't say I have any facts or figures, but USF is overall a better choice than Cincy.

Cincy adds a market, even if it is a small one... USF doesn't.

Market size is one factor, but I think the ACC, from a geographic standpoint, is more Florida than Ohio. Just a hunch, and I could be wrong, but I think it's a bigger stretch to go with Cincy than USF.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Jeremy Fowlerâ€@JFowlerCBS

RT @CBSSports: Houston can now get out of the Big East if there isn't enough TV money.

So if USF is the last of members that was in the Big East two years ago.... and the other schools opt out... we will be forced to join CUSA or go independent.

:puke:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

USF goes before Cincy in Big 12, Cincy goes before USF in ACC. Cincy's issue in Big 12 is money to compete and grow unlike USF.

USF needs at least 3 defections from ACC to get in.

RU to B1G, UConn to ACC for MD

Now if UVA and GaTech/NC school leaves then ACC looks at UL (who Big 12 might fight for) and probably Cincy (over USF)

In order for USF in ACC, UL needs to be in Big 12 and/or a 4th team needs to leave ACC

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Package both us and UCF as one member. Big12 payout is 20million plus 3rd tier. That would equate to $10 million a year for both of us plus the 3rd tier $$$.... Combine both again in a TV network and split the revs for the 3rd tier.

Access is everything IMO!

The Big 12 won't be looking to any school in FL but, FSU. If FSU leaves with Clemson to the Big 12, I think the Big 12 stays at 12. They have zero need for 14 and would only move to 12, if they could add national brands like FSU and Clemson. The ACC would then be down to 11 and Notre Dame's deal. At that point they can add one more to stay at 12, but it's likely ESPN will make sure they go back to 14 and completely gut the Big East for good. It would be wise for USF and UCF to team up at that point. The loss of FSU is the loss of a brand that covers TVs in an entire state. Adding just USF or just a UCF would do little...both would be much more valuable, along with gaining back the state of Florida. Then it'd be between UConn and UL.

I don't think we need you. I think a lot of UCF fans want to leach onto us and say we're better as a combo, but that's bs.

We wouldn't be leaching on, we were already about to be in the same conference. Some may not look at USF or UCF alone to take the place of someone like FSU in this state. Right now, USF and UCF aren't any different in the eyes of many outside of Florida. UCF just pummelled USF in basketball and probably could have done the same in football this year, too. USF hasn't exactly seperated themselves they way they planned. But that's not relevant in todays expansion world, anyhow. The Big 10 just invited Maryland and Rutgers. Not exactly for their prowess...it's for their TV markets in DC and NY. A package in Florida to replace a juggernaut like FSU, may be the best way to gain entry.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

i don't see us getting in if fsu is still in the acc

FSU is just a matter of time and everybody in the conference knows this.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

USF goes before Cincy in Big 12, Cincy goes before USF in ACC. Cincy's issue in Big 12 is money to compete and grow unlike USF.

Now if UVA and GaTech/NC school leaves then ACC looks at UL (who Big 12 might fight for) and probably Cincy (over USF)

In order for USF in ACC, UL needs to be in Big 12 and/or a 4th team needs to leave ACC

You failed to mention the Big 12 could take USF, but I don't think they believe we add enough value to make that move.

Basically, for USF to have a chance... the Big East has to be obliterated. Cross your fingers everyone. Let's hope for a good fireworks show and that USF is picked up.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Jeremy Fowlerâ€@JFowlerCBS

RT @CBSSports: Houston can now get out of the Big East if there isn't enough TV money.

Were they looking to leave and go back to CUSA or hoping the Big 12 wanted them? Doesn't make sense.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

You failed to mention the Big 12 could take USF, but I don't think they believe we add enough value to make that move.

Basically, for USF to have a chance... the Big East has to be obliterated. Cross your fingers everyone. Let's hope for a good fireworks show and that USF is picked up.

Right now value $$$$$ is issues with both UL and USF, USF is possibly headed to Big 12 but that is slim and 3-4 ACC teams are head of them.