• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,900
  • Days Won:  33

ND is a current member of the B1G.....in Ice Hockey.

That being said, they aren't joining a conference for FB unless they are going to be forced to do so. The only way I see that happening is if the playoffs do not expand past the current model.

Any type of expansion benefits ND the most, especially if it's to 12 teams.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think this would be the perfect scenario for us, assuming joining the B10 is a pipe dream ....... and then hope and pray that the ACC chooses us and the B12 takes Memphis (again assuming we're the top 2 next up) ..... because even though I'd take the B12 over our current home, there are two downsides. Reuniting with the douchebags and this:

This would help the Big Ten to better leverage its scheduling opportunities with the ACC and Pac-12, conference partners with whom the league is working to battle the SEC. The partnership, called "The Alliance," was formed last summer after Oklahoma and Texas formally announced they're leaving the Big 12 for the SEC, beginning with the 2025 college football season.

I think the Alliance has shown itself already to not be much but a voting block to shoot down the proposed CFP just because they felt bamboozled by the SEC simultaneously having a hand in designing it while secretly pillaging the Big 12. There's been little to no effort in actual scheduling agreements among those conferences. An opening could happen for you guys in the 16 team B1G option due to trickle down. Either the ACC takes you or the ACC takes Cincy, which leaves the Big 12 down 2 teams after also losing WVU to the B1G (which idk if they'd be thaaaat lenient on academics to let WVU in). My picks would easily be Memphis and USF to get back to 12. Or go with strength in numbers at that point and also add Boise and SDSU to get to 14.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, Brad said:
attachment-Alan-Haller.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc

MSU AD Alan Haller confirmed the Big Ten is working through...

I'm assuming there's next to zero chance the B1G, which prides itself on (at least pretending) being dedicated to academics, is inviting West Virginia, who at last check came in at #249 amongst national universities according to US News and World Report. I could see Pittsburgh, who is in the AAU, for the potential in the regional rivalry with Penn State, but they'd have to go against everything they stand for academically to go with West Virginia

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I'm assuming there's next to zero chance the B1G, which prides itself on (at least pretending) being dedicated to academics, is inviting West Virginia, who at last check came in at #249 amongst national universities according to US News and World Report. I could see Pittsburgh, who is in the AAU, for the potential in the regional rivalry with Penn State, but they'd have to go against everything they stand for academically to go with West Virginia

Interestingly kind of addressed in the article ....

Academics and Integrity divisions: This would be right in line with the Big Ten's age-old deflection of criticisms that it can't compete with the SEC. The Big Ten likes to reference academics and integrity, seemingly oblivious to the the fact that the entire college sports endeavor at this level has less and less to do with higher education and morality all the time. Hey, when the SEC consistently embarrasses your teams on the national stage, whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I totally missed the article below the top one that goes through a pretty big list of possible candidates for B1G expansion, with a short Pro/Con for each. None of the Florida teams were even listed for discussion where they did have Memphis, Colorado State, Boise State, Cincy, Wyoming and UConn in there

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

I totally missed the article below the top one that goes through a pretty big list of possible candidates for B1G expansion, with a short Pro/Con for each. None of the Florida teams were even listed for discussion where they did have Memphis, Colorado State, Boise State, Cincy, Wyoming and UConn in there

I think UCONN vs. Rutgers would make for a classic Big 10 ratings match up.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

Thanks man, I needed that…😀

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks man, I needed that…😀

Yes I agree. Look at it this way, the longer it takes for them to add more teams the better chance for USF. Let’s be honest, we need some time to get both mens basketball & football turned around. I think seeing the IPF become a reality and the proposed OCS puts USF in a good position. However, having both USF football & mens hoops in top 25 will set us in front of all conference realignment talk. Fun exciting times ahead 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

36 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Yes I agree. Look at it this way, the longer it takes for them to add more teams the better chance for USF. Let’s be honest, we need some time to get both mens basketball & football turned around. I think seeing the IPF become a reality and the proposed OCS puts USF in a good position. However, having both USF football & mens hoops in top 25 will set us in front of all conference realignment talk. Fun exciting times ahead 

Well... we may not have that much time...  and I am not trying to spoil the excitement -- just a timeline check.

The Big 12 will play with 14 teams for two seasons.  If they like that number and want to keep at 14, then adding two teams for the 2025 seasons to replace OU and UT means ... ... ... extending invitations NEXT SUMMER.

UCF, Cincy, BYU, and Houston were invited in late August 2021... 22 months before they join the Big 12 in July 2023.  

For two teams to join in July 2025... the Big 12 can't really wait until 2024... and if USF is lucky to be one of those two, USF definitely cannot afford a one-year-notice buyout.