• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,900
  • Days Won:  33

Good read. It will be an interesting next few years to say the least. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

19 hours ago, Steve said:

My ex-gf went to FAU and I went to a couple of games there. That place is a dump, I wish they weren’t joining us!

I’m excited about UAB and Rice.

I went to a couple games there (FAU).  I remember the clearance between me and the row in front was liked a cramped airplane and my knees were in pain.  I thought it looked pretty though.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I went to a couple games there (FAU).  I remember the clearance between me and the row in front was liked a cramped airplane and my knees were in pain.  I thought it looked pretty though.

Exactly the same at Amalie Arena for me. And I'm not a tall guy, jus feel cramped.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

These hypothetical new members would not be brand-name college football programs like the SEC's newest additions, Oklahoma and Texas, but instead something along the lines of Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

I think this would be the perfect scenario for us, assuming joining the B10 is a pipe dream ....... and then hope and pray that the ACC chooses us and the B12 takes Memphis (again assuming we're the top 2 next up) ..... because even though I'd take the B12 over our current home, there are two downsides. Reuniting with the douchebags and this:

This would help the Big Ten to better leverage its scheduling opportunities with the ACC and Pac-12, conference partners with whom the league is working to battle the SEC. The partnership, called "The Alliance," was formed last summer after Oklahoma and Texas formally announced they're leaving the Big 12 for the SEC, beginning with the 2025 college football season.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  954
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think this would be the perfect scenario for us, assuming joining the B10 is a pipe dream ....... and then hope and pray that the ACC chooses us and the B12 takes Memphis (again assuming we're the top 2 next up) ..... because even though I'd take the B12 over our current home, there are two downsides. Reuniting with the douchebags and this:

This would help the Big Ten to better leverage its scheduling opportunities with the ACC and Pac-12, conference partners with whom the league is working to battle the SEC. The partnership, called "The Alliance," was formed last summer after Oklahoma and Texas formally announced they're leaving the Big 12 for the SEC, beginning with the 2025 college football season.

I agree, there is NO way the B10 will ever approach USF to join, not happening. As for the ACC, it’s possible, but I think in order for that to happen, 2 ACC schools would have to go to the B10, ND (which should have happened years ago) and a team like VT or BC. I have a hard time believing Mia and FSU would sign off on us joining if there are other options. I see WVU jumping to the ACC and we would have to be the only next option before it would be approved. 

But we will have a shiny new indoor practice facility, stadium and all that swag.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

25 minutes ago, michibull said:

2 ACC schools would have to go to the B10, ND (which should have happened years ago)

Why HASN'T this happened already? There's got to be something from one of the sides that's been stopping this ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  954
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why HASN'T this happened already? There's got to be something from one of the sides that's been stopping this ...

True, to be honest, I can’t stand ND, they are grossly over rated every year and hold themselves as more important than college football itself; that said, I would like to see the P5 conferences say “enough is enough”. It seems that every other school plays by the same set of rules (for the most part, I’m looking at you Texas), except ND, they have their “own” rules and it’s strictly money related, which is unacceptable to me. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

ND and the Big Ten don't like each from what I recall. I forget what actually happened between them.

1 hour ago, michibull said:

True, to be honest, I can’t stand ND, they are grossly over rated every year and hold themselves as more important than college football itself; that said, I would like to see the P5 conferences say “enough is enough”. It seems that every other school plays by the same set of rules (for the most part, I’m looking at you Texas), except ND, they have their “own” rules and it’s strictly money related, which is unacceptable to me. 

I wouldn't mind being ND.