• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Gismo said:

You only noticed more ECU because you are an ECU fan. 

The big 12 added a tiny school like TCU, with a tiny following in a market they already owned. 

Not true, my family was from Temple Terrace, I have personal interest in USF...hence why I'm here.  I am disappointed by the poor response of the local forum members here to relatively objective opinions from outsiders though.  Not reflecting your current comment, but big picture.  There was no reason for my comment to get 6 thumbs down, it was an accurate statement, there is more ECU stuff where I tend to go (mostly south) than USF.  There very well may be more USF stuff in Cali though, no idea.  

Edited by ECUshoein
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I've noticed them everywhere around Ocala lately. I was at a stoplight the other day and there were 3 other cars around me that had USF license plates. 

When I lived in Gainesville I noticed good amount of USF gear, plates, and so on. I think a lot of people up there think the institution is heading in the right direction. A lot of people at UF wanted their kids to go to USF over FSU, which I thought was interesting.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Not true, my family was from Temple Terrace, I have personal interest in USF...hence why I'm here.  I am disappointed by the poor response of the local forum members here to relatively objective opinions from outsiders though.  Not reflecting your current comment, but big picture.  There was no reason for my comment to get 6 thumbs down, it was an accurate statement, there is more ECU stuff where I tend to go (mostly south) than USF.  There very well may be more USF stuff in Cali though, no idea.  

Butt hurt much? USF has support all over. In state I've seen our gear, plates, etc. from Key West to Pensacola. Out of state I've seen it in places that I'm often surprised (like Ellijay, GA, the Garlic Festival here in Gilroy, and so many places in between). 

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

But, why does his opinion always seem to be negative?

Man bites dog.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Here's the post that got the -6:

16 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

That may all be true, but one other thing they are better in is popularity/following.  That's gotta play a role.  Honestly I've seen more following from ECU in various areas (outside of FLA) than USF, despite all the things you listed that rank yourselves ahead of UCF.  

The "they" you were referring to is UCF and that's what got you the down thumbs, because you followed it up with nothing of value to substantiate the claim ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, bulls phanatic said:

I think the first five schools listed in this article are UC, UH, BYU, USF, and UCF, in that order.  

I encourage BYU to stick by its principles, leaving the other four as the choices.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I saw some USF gear in Austin Texas.  Also when I did my grad studies at Texas A & M I was once approached by an enthusiastic under grad on campus asking me all about USF saying he was considering enrolling there. I also saw another grad student on occasion wearing USF apparel on the TAMU campus, which I did too, and also lots of grad students with their respective undergrad.

To add objectivity, two of my lab co-workers were UCF grads actually, who moved there with the professor when the professor moved from UCF to TAMU. 

The he one place I never saw USF was in California when I traveled there frequently for work. 

I see a lot of USF where I am near west palm. I'd rank the support I notice in my area as

1. UF

2. USF

3. UCF and Miami

5. FSU

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, NAM37 said:

Any list with 5 schools above Cinci isn't paying attention...

The writer of your article put Ark St at 4 because they win conference championships. It seems like to him, winning championships is the end all, be all for success, even if you are playing against 12 year olds. Maybe if USF joined the pop warner league, we would be #1.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Here is a solid question I will pose to you guys. Lets say the Big 12 invites 4 teams, and USF is one of them. In your personal dream scenario, who are the other 3 teams you want invited?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Cincinnati, ECU, Memphis would be ok.