• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

That may all be true, but one other thing they are better in is popularity/following.  That's gotta play a role.  Honestly I've seen more following from ECU in various areas (outside of FLA) than USF, despite all the things you listed that rank yourselves ahead of UCF.  

You only noticed more ECU because you are an ECU fan. 

The big 12 added a tiny school like TCU, with a tiny following in a market they already owned. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I live in ATL and I haven't seen much of anything relating to UCF or ECU.   Regarding UCF considering their enrollment size and that they had a 17 year head start in football it wouldn't shock me if their donor base is slightly larger at this point than USF.  There are a lot of USF alumni that went to a school with no football and built allegiance elsewhere (even 1aa does help).  That group based on age represents more established earners.  As USFs fan base ages so will it's donors.  The fan base did what it could, but honestly was not ready for "p5/bcs" when we got the call to the Big East.  What it did was speed up the process, but the base wasn't there.  If the Big 12 comes, the base is closer to ready donors like myself (early 30) are more capable to donate and others start getting to that stage.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,611
  • Content Count:  74,532
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Jim one suggestion for you. If you intend to continue to post this crap, do us all a favor and post each individually and allow this thread to grow faster. :icon_drink:

This thread is basically nothing but this "crap" so not sure if you're just late to the party or what ....... but I do agree that Jim could break down the multi-Tweet posts a bit.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I live in ATL and I haven't seen much of anything relating to UCF or ECU.   Regarding UCF considering their enrollment size and that they had a 17 year head start in football it wouldn't shock me if their donor base is slightly larger at this point than USF.  There are a lot of USF alumni that went to a school with no football and built allegiance elsewhere (even 1aa does help).  That group based on age represents more established earners.  As USFs fan base ages so will it's donors.  The fan base did what it could, but honestly was not ready for "p5/bcs" when we got the call to the Big East.  What it did was speed up the process, but the base wasn't there.  If the Big 12 comes, the base is closer to ready donors like myself (early 30) are more capable to donate and others start getting to that stage.

Our Alumni are quite awful at time. I was getting my car detailed and someone noticed my license plate (Bulls Plate) and started chatting about USF. He didn't even know we had football, he just had his engineering degree from USF. 

I remember last Gaspirilla we had a float, We need to be sure USF is involved in ALL bay area events. Hopefully our athletic department continues to improve in getting us involved int he community. 

Starting to see some more Bulls Gear / Stickers / Plates over here on the East coast. Hopefully that trend grows. It is a easy 3hr drive cross state to get to a game. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Gismo said:
6 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

That may all be true, but one other thing they are better in is popularity/following.  That's gotta play a role.  Honestly I've seen more following from ECU in various areas (outside of FLA) than USF, despite all the things you listed that rank yourselves ahead of UCF.  

You only noticed more ECU because you are an ECU fan. 

Truth. I've been all over the US, and seen USF gear just about everywhere (west coast dwindles, but I've seen our U there too). Not saying we're SEC-level recognition or anything, and not saying we're far ahead of UCiF, but beneath them or ECU? nuh-uh, nope. Your world is too small if you think that.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Truth. I've been all over the US, and seen USF gear just about everywhere (west coast dwindles, but I've seen our U there too). Not saying we're SEC-level recognition or anything, and not saying we're far ahead of UCiF, but beneath them or ECU? nuh-uh, nope. Your world is too small if you think that.

I just bought 2 really nice polos at the under armour outlet in Las Vegas.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Fake headline, but we should push it to shame the Big XII into making better decisions:

"BREAKING: Big XII intends to expand conference with AAC bottom feeder; C. Florida went 0-12 last year and is projected to be last again in 2016; "[t]his rebuild is likely to take a while"

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2a671d6476d448b7aab1774e7e2245d0/led-houston-aac-tries-build-breakthrough-season

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Every time I go out of the state for business, vacation, etc..  I ALWAYS run into Bulls fans who are very aware of the football program.  

Guest PCBull14
1 hour ago, Bullsgrad2001 said:

Every time I go out of the state for business, vacation, etc..  I ALWAYS run into Bulls fans who are very aware of the football program.  

This. Pretty much been my experience. Been a slow build, but we're getting there. 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

They should have popularity, they have been playing football for a long time.