• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

BTM is what Flugaur calls his anonymous source... Flugaur is one of the more prolific "pulling things out of their ass" Twitter people talking about the Big 12 Expansion.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the rumor tweets but just wanted to know how seriously to take them

Edited by TallyBull

Just now, TallyBull said:

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the rumor tweets but just wanted to know how serious to take them

With rumor tweets you have to take them all together to see how divergent or convergent they are.

And it's a bit like presidential polling... the picture can change over time, so these tweets are just a current state - and we should continue to watch trends.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

His tweets about market consideration and UH doesn't make sense, unless they want UH as stock knowing Texas will leave.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire
BTM: "Boren & Bowlsby goal is too make B12 as attractive to"new media" as possible for 2024.
Other schools in B12 not in Texas faction agree"

BTM: "It's clear that if a future can be carved out for B12 beyond 2024 ESPN will play little or no part in its future".

BTM: "Boren is of 2 minds. (1) To save B12 beyond 2024 (2) If #1 can't happen..make sure OU has no hindrances in leaving Conference in "24"

BTM: "But Boren & Bowlsby have acknowledged where B12 stands with ESPN in pecking order..now..but even more importantly in 2025...dead last"

BTM:"So what is this new media that will want to distribute B12 content streaming on multiple different platforms? Who? Who the hell knows"

BTM: "It won't be ESPN. Disney just bought some parts of streaming company with the chance to but all of it in future"

BTM: "But ESPN tells B12 there is no future for any digital B12N."
If B12 survives it does so because of Google..Netflix..Hulu...somebody

BTM: "ESPN makes their investment into ACC. ESPN goes in on 2nd part of B10 Tier 1&2 contract"

BTM: "This acknowledgement from leaders in B12 outside of Austin has changed the landscape on the ground in B12 offices"

BTM: "Boren got his CCG..now is going full throttle in expansion. Wanting to create attractive B12 for new customers in B12"

BTM: "This is about 2024.So what can Boren & Bowlsby do? Shake Schools,who are interested in joining B12, into showing what they bring in 24

BTM: "Eyeing a future away from ESPN is daunting.But a future with ESPN past 2024 keeps B12 the most unstable conference in P5"

BTM: "Candidates for B12 expansion must show large fanbase. Must show decent media market. Must show decent Alumni numbers of participation"

BTM: "OU contacts believe BYU must make a public statement in regards to changing Honor Code. Must give B12 Presidents political cover"

BTM: "The change in Honor Code wording,if BYU decides to go in that direction,has to be public. So we will all know if BYU is stil candidate"

BTM: "Without the public statement, without the political cover for B12 Presidents, the BYU candidacy is dead in the water"

BTM: "OU Contacts, because of the need of B12 to create attractivness, value, without little or no ESPN beyond "24"...UCF is hot"

BTM: "All the negatives UCF had...ESPN not wanting P5 FL school outside of ACC/SEC (ACCN investment) is no longer negatives in eyes of B&B.

BTM: "FOX (if expansion has to head to 14) sees it best case scenario of UCF/UCONN/CINCY....now viable"

BTM: "So 2 questions remain.(1)Does BYU make a public change in Honor Code?
(2) Does Texas attempt to stop climb to 14 if UH/UCONN/UC/UCF"

BTM: "This Big 12 expansion story is very difficult for ESPN to cover"

Unless there's something in their back pocket we're not aware of, it takes some of the credibility away when it's UCF in there instead of USF. Anyone educated between the two would be putting USF in there. Across all the categories listed as expansion candidate criteria/considerations, the only one they lead in is student base, and USF is very large relative to other candidates. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I sure hope any presentations to the B12 make this abundantly clear. How they remain at the tip of the media's tongue out in front of USF after an 0-12 season  is mind boggling. In another couple months this should shift if things go as expected.

4 minutes ago, Gismo said:

His tweets about market consideration and UH doesn't make sense, unless they want UH as stock knowing Texas will leave.

Right now the #1 conference in Houston is the SEC.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Also inviting either but not both Florida schools calls credibility into question in my mind... but I agree USF is superior to UCF if you had to choose one - looking at it as objectively as possible 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

I'm just stunned that anyone takes the time to acknowledge this crap let alone repost it. :facepalm:

UCF is HOT????? Excuse me but, in the last week or so, It's been USF getting all the publicity for being on the rise and an up and coming Athletic program. These tweets are just regurgitated last months fodder from the same ignorant media lackies who posted the poll omitting USF as a possible candidate. Perhaps I missed it but, was UCF chosen as a preseason favorite to win the American East? :lmao:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

When rumors are the only thing you have, that is what you post.

Otherwise, we can lock this thread until the official announcement.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

1 minute ago, JimUSFSig said:

When rumors are the only thing you have, that is what you post.

Otherwise, we can lock this thread until the official announcement.

You want rumors? I'll do you one better, I'll post an opinion based in fact.

The people posting **** about Big 12 Expansion know absolutely nothing.

There now, that's a rumor you can spread with confidence that it's true and can easily be substantiated by the very next idiotic Big 12 Expansion tweet. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686

USF leads UCF in every metric.

med school

patents

endowment

markets 

athletics 

Academics

etc.

The one thing UCF is slightly ahead of USF is their engineering program and large enrollment.