• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

10 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I think there's more buzz about Plant possibly joining the Big XII than USF.  

coach weiner is already telling recruits they are going to be playing in the Big 12 :baghead:

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,372
  • Days Won:  43

Bodhi man!! I'm scared!

Ok man!! We are screwed!! We are going to get passed over and pay and Johnny Utah gets his guy right??? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

14 hours ago, bullnupe said:

It just went off was great.  Mention how it would be great to have teams like Oklahoma and Baylor come to tampa.  

I went back and looked at this.  Carter, a Miami native who attended Lincoln High School and UF, and played for both the Dolphins and the Bucs, was very Florida centric and actually did say he'd like to see Baylor play in Tampa on Saturday afternoons. I guess he's biased, given his background, but it's nice to see anyone on ESPN speak positively about the potential for Big XII expansion in Florida.  I'll take it!

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

I think I'm more offended by the Big 12's lack of vision. For them to not already invite USF is like someone spitting in your face. How can they walk around town looking like some God **** pimps?!??

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I think I'm more offended by the Big 12's lack of vision. For them to not already invite USF is like someone spitting in your face. How can they walk around town looking like some God **** pimps?!??

You forget they're all top 25 teams that make $50 million each per year.  We'd "dilute" their brand.  Yes, even Iowa State and Kansas's.

Oh, wait...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You forget they're all top 25 teams that make $50 million each per year.  We'd "dilute" their brand.  Yes, even Iowa State and Kansas's.

Oh, wait...

Those are the same idiots that thought they were too good for Louisville so they dragged their feet and let the ACC beat them to it. They have terrible leadership which is why Nebraska, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and Colorado left that mess. They are lucky the PAC 12 deal fell through or they would be toast. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2000bull said:

coach weiner is already telling recruits they are going to be playing in the Big 12 :baghead:

Plant High School will destroy us!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Oh, wait...

Wow that's like SEC type parity 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Those are the same idiots that thought they were too good for Louisville so they dragged their feet and let the ACC beat them to it. They have terrible leadership which is why Nebraska, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and Colorado left that mess. They are lucky the PAC 12 deal fell through or they would be toast. 

Longhorn network had TAMU and Mizzou fleeing. They were the only ones with the ability to get out. 

The longhorn network has been a huge failure too. When it launched even cable providers in Texas and Dish were slow to pick it up and you couldn't get some of the Texas games. Even in Austin there was a game I think that was on the longhorn network before all of the providers picked it up so it was hard to get, a huge blunder.

Also, lots of fans of other teams, primarily TAMU, called their providers and threaten to cancel (and I'm sure some did) if they carried the channel because they didn't want their payments going to that channel. 

Texas also wanted their conference mates to agree to have Texas home games against conference mates broadcast on the longhorn network and there was huge push back and they all said **** you Texas. 

Many concerns expressed over recruiting advantage a TV network would give Texas, with the primary example being broadcasts of Highschool games and coverage of target recruits on the network would sway those recruits to choose Texas. TAMU felt this was a huge conflict and began talking to the SEC, Mizzou jumped ship too. 

Texas angered all of their conference mates with the Longhorn Network because it provided no benefit to the conference, only Texas. Gave them huge cash flow and recruiting advantage and is extremely arrogant and selfish to say to conference members "We want our home games to be on our schools network, so we make all the money when you play in Austin."

Edited by Gismo