• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Here is an article about NU:  https://omaha.com/news/state-regional/education/cutting-programs-merging-campuses-nebraska-university-leaders-ponder-bold-changes-to-compete/article_35dabe3a-f435-11ee-bb4b-5360b0e1ccb1.html

Here's something interesting from the article:  The University of South Florida in 2020 consolidated its three separate campuses into a much larger, singularly accredited university. Three years later, USF was invited to join the AAU.

I wonder if the stipulation of NU joining the B1G was being able to re-obtain AAU status?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I wonder if the stipulation of NU joining the B1G was being able to re-obtain AAU status?

Nebraska was an AAU member when they received their B1G invite.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

All the more reason to extend eligibility in the NCAA. They could cut into profits of both the NFL and NBA.

Not without some reins on the NIL. It’s ridiculous that a college freshman can get more money than a professional. I said “get” not earn.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:56 AM, Jim Johnson said:

the fourth- and fifth- year players on a team like Oakland manhandled the more talented, but significantly younger, players at Kentucky

You’re spot on with this. There are multiple reasons that the NBA is terrible and the draft means nothing. One of the reasons are the one and done’s. Drafting a Jr or Sr has given the young man time to grow (physically, mentally and emotionally). You start to find the leaders, hard workers and busts. The NBA draft is pointless outside of the top 3 because they are just taking a chance on a young player. Back in the 80’s and 90’s at least a 1/3 of the first round had contributing players with careers, not anymore. These NBA executives are foolish with how they do it. The NFL is completely different. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

ACCFOOTBALLRX.BLOGSPOT.COM

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix it and get back to the glory days again.
Rank College Name Undergrads
1 University of California-Berkeley 33,078
2 Florida State University 32,936
3 Virginia Tech 30,434
4 North Carolina State 26,254
5 University of Pittsburgh 24,420
6 Clemson University 22,566
7 University of North Carolina 20,029
8 Georgia Tech 18,415
9 University of Virginia 17,444
10 University of Louisville 15,921
11 Syracuse University 15,421
12 University of Miami 12,504
13 Boston College 9,982
14 University of Notre Dame 8,971
15 Stanford Universit 7,841
16 Southern Methodist University 7,056
17 Duke University 6,640
18 Wake Forest University 5,447

Cal will come into the ACC and immediately surpass FSU as the school with the most undergrads. Virginia Tech is third, followed by NC State, Pitt, Clemson, UNC, and finally Georgia Tech (which was at the top in terms of total students).

At the bottom of the list once again is Wake Forest with only 5,447 undergraduate students. Duke, SMU, and Stanford are not much bigger. In fact, people are often surprised to learn that Notre Dame is smaller than Boston College, both having fewer than 10 thousand undergraduates.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

On 4/7/2024 at 12:12 AM, Outlaw said:

I predict SC would be better in the SEC then FSU and Clemson.  They are used to it. After a year or two they would probably be about the same. The new SEC +FSU/Clemson would be a gauntlet. I am just not sure if the SEc really needs Fsu or Clemson.

They don't need them, but if the SEC takes FSU & Clemson... 

They prevent the B1G from tapping into the southern markets. Why let the B1G expand right into Florida? It doesn't seem like they are clamoring for Miami (which they should) or USF (which is my dream). 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't realize some of these ACC schools had such few undergraduates. Geez, I think the University of Tampa has 10K undergraduates now. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says '"" COLLEGE FOOTBALL TROLL 風 COLORADO I'VE NEVER LOST A GAME, I JUST RAN OUT OF TIME. Shedeur Sanders When questioned on his record playing in the Pac-12'

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football, crocodile and text that says 'Guten หคิษ COLLEGE FOOTBALL TROLL 0 WILSON SON 3 Drunk DrunkAubie Aubie @DrunkAubie Don't stare directly at the sun during an eclipse? Buddy, ' watched Florida football the last 4 years. My eyes have seen way worse'

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

On 4/9/2024 at 11:54 AM, BDYZR said:

Not without some reins on the NIL. It’s ridiculous that a college freshman can get more money than a professional. I said “get” not earn.

The NIL is a hot mess and will kill college athletics if stricter rules aren’t put into place. You’re right it’s crazy how much some of these kids are getting before they do anything in college. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

The NIL is a hot mess and will kill college athletics if stricter rules aren’t put into place. You’re right it’s crazy how much some of these kids are getting before they do anything in college. 

Makes me wonder now if we start seeing more games added to the schedules. Schools are going to want to have the players in more games imo.