• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Not entirely correct. Oklahoma and Texas never signed that 99 year membership. That was done with the new contract by the remaining members and the newcomers to stabilize the league and promising they weren’t going to leave. Utah got a special deal where they didn’t sign to that. How would that affect anyone outside of Utah trying to leave remains to be seen.

Got to get the swaim tweets he has the master plan of big12 superiority. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Bear said:

While this very well could be true!

However, remember how we got to where we were the first time. USF carries a lot of potential. The right people are in place, and doing the right things (for the most part). 

Believe it or not, with the looming P2 AND major uncertainty with NIL & transfer portal... The Big12 is NOT safe either. Any top Big12 performer will get gobbled up by the P2 and who knows how that will impact their media deal?

What I want USF to do now... is be more aggressive in taking over the Tampa Bay media market. How can we get businesses (and our newspaper) to buy back in? 

It would be quite a shock if arrangements were made to build the stadium without complete confidence in a “move up.” 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

38 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly, basically they are chasing the money of the SEC/Big Ten imo. ACC has been good to both FSU & Clemson imo. I hope they leave ASAP as that opens up a spot for USF. 

This is hubris on their part.  I get it, I am sure they have gotten it into their heads they would dominate in any league but there is no denying they have had an easier path.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

It would be quite a shock if arrangements were made to build the stadium without complete confidence in a “move up.” 

I can't imagine there are any guarantees in this environment.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were told not having a stadium hurt their chances.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

28 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

Bingo! I believe remember you or someone else bringing up this point a while ago which I do believe is a great point. Probably one of the main reasons that I do believe USF is going to be invited to the ACC. Just too many clues going on. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

27 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

I want to believe that.  Probably no such thing as a guarantee.  My guess is the big 12 cited that as a reason for not calling us up last time.  Still a gamble, but it worked for the city of st. Pete way back when they built a baseball stadium without a team. USF is too great of a university to not have an on campus stadium, though.  The stadium + AAU is huge game changer for our university.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MMW said:

This is hubris on their part.  I get it, I am sure they have gotten it into their heads they would dominate in any league but there is no denying they have had an easier path.  

Exactly. And I’m not going to lie I don’t blame them for wanting to be on the same level or better than their UF rivals. 

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I want to believe that.  Probably no such thing as a guarantee.  My guess is the big 12 cited that as a reason for not calling us up last time.  Still a gamble, but it worked for the city of st. Pete way back when they built a baseball stadium without a team. USF is too great of a university to not have an on campus stadium, though.  The stadium + AAU is huge game changer for our university.

Well said. Let’s say all these power conferences eventually fall apart and basically college football starts a huge overhaul. I don’t think we see USF being left out of that when that happens. Basically we are probably going to see the P2 cause this major restructuring to happen. The NFL will create the super league which will include about 80 schools which will get basically all the NFL prospects and help develop them for the professionals imo. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This is how I've always felt. I actually live near USF and I hate driving to Ray Jay.  It's a great stadium, no doubt, but it's a professional stadium dedicated to the bucs and we are guests there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MMW said:

This is how I've always felt. I actually live near USF and I hate driving to Ray Jay.  It's a great stadium, no doubt, but it's a professional stadium dedicated to the bucs and we are guests there.

That OCS is going to be great for your GameDay commute now. Looking forward to seeing the town build up around the USF football program which will be very cool.