• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

8 hours ago, jmbull said:

I’m just gonna mentally prepare to be skipped. We had our chance and blew it. Sometimes you only get one opportunity. We got 2. Couldn’t do **** with it. Now we get to see ucf getting to play an awesome schedule every week. We get to see them get 4 and 5 star recruits. I know some of you refuse to see it. But I just don’t see us every catching up to them anymore. 

While this very well could be true!

However, remember how we got to where we were the first time. USF carries a lot of potential. The right people are in place, and doing the right things (for the most part). 

Believe it or not, with the looming P2 AND major uncertainty with NIL & transfer portal... The Big12 is NOT safe either. Any top Big12 performer will get gobbled up by the P2 and who knows how that will impact their media deal?

What I want USF to do now... is be more aggressive in taking over the Tampa Bay media market. How can we get businesses (and our newspaper) to buy back in? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

First from what I heard ALL the B12 schools signed off on a long term GOR.

Could WVU start freaking out and threatening to sue them every day?  It's working over in the ACC.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, jmbull said:

I’m just gonna mentally prepare to be skipped. We had our chance and blew it. Sometimes you only get one opportunity. We got 2. Couldn’t do **** with it. Now we get to see ucf getting to play an awesome schedule every week. We get to see them get 4 and 5 star recruits. I know some of you refuse to see it. But I just don’t see us every catching up to them anymore. 

Wow, just wow...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Don’t think WV will be it.

First from what I heard ALL the B12 schools signed off on a long term GOR. I believe Utah was the only one that went in with a special note that said they didn’t give up those rights.

If you look at ACC after FSU/ Clemson leaves, is a more academic conference outside off Louisville, so I’m thinking If they keep that ESPN contract deal, Utah is the most likely to bail out.

The 99 year membership thing causes a lot of confusion but it's different from the GOR. All teams including Utah will have signed the same GOR that runs through the 2030-31 athletic season. The membership length is just some legalese to put a length instead of infinite period of time for conference membership. Note that Oklahoma and Texas also had signed onto the same 99 year membership clause but it was the GOR that was the sticking point that resulted in them leaving only 1 year before the end of the GOR.

It's not really a barrier but any teams wanting to leave the Big 12 will have to wait until 2031, negotiate to shave a little bit off of that like OU/UT, or fight in court like FSU and Clemson.

Edited by UCF_rustbucket

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

If FSU and Clemson want out of the ACC, they know the price. The problem is they signed the contract knowing the price, but now want to publically cry it isn't fair. Maybe they can go to the power6 AAC and find out what not having a fair playing field really is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If FSU and Clemson want out of the ACC, they know the price. The problem is they signed the contract knowing the price, but now want to publically cry it isn't fair. Maybe they can go to the power6 AAC and find out what not having a fair playing field really is.

ACC should work out a settlement with those two and let them go to the SEC and fade away. USF & UConn will come into the ACC and will help the ACC keep moving forward.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

ACC should work out a settlement with those two and let them go to the SEC and fade away. USF & UConn will come into the ACC and will help the ACC keep moving forward.

They don't want to pay the price and want to whine about it to get their way . Problem is if fsu or Clemson were in the sec neither have a championship in the last 20 years.  They got In by beating acc schedules not SEC schedules. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

They don't want to pay the price and want to whine about it to get their way . Problem is if fsu or Clemson were in the sec neither have a championship in the last 20 years.  They got In by beating acc schedules not SEC schedules. 

Exactly, basically they are chasing the money of the SEC/Big Ten imo. ACC has been good to both FSU & Clemson imo. I hope they leave ASAP as that opens up a spot for USF. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

7 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The 99 year membership thing causes a lot of confusion but it's different from the GOR. All teams including Utah will have signed the same GOR that runs through the 2030-31 athletic season. The membership length is just some legalese to put a length instead of infinite period of time for conference membership. Note that Oklahoma and Texas also had signed onto the same 99 year membership clause but it was the GOR that was the sticking point that resulted in them leaving only 1 year before the end of the GOR.

It's not really a barrier but any teams wanting to leave the Big 12 will have to wait until 2031, negotiate to shave a little bit off of that like OU/UT, or fight in court like FSU and Clemson.

Not entirely correct. Oklahoma and Texas never signed that 99 year membership. That was done with the new contract by the remaining members and the newcomers to stabilize the league and promising they weren’t going to leave. Utah got a special deal where they didn’t sign to that. How would that affect anyone outside of Utah trying to leave remains to be seen.

• Upvote 1