• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, E.T. said:

If we're winning 10 plus games in consecutive season and get invited to play a Top Team in an alternate site - yes!, but to play in Ray Jay for a normal scheduled game against a Powerhouse? I say no . . . and I'm okay to be wrong 😁

Georgia Tech is playing North Carolina at the Mercedes Benz Dome.   There's a few other examples.  But I get your opinion

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, E.T. said:

If we're winning 10 plus games in consecutive season and get invited to play a Top Team in an alternate site - yes!, but to play in Ray Jay for a normal scheduled game against a Powerhouse? I say no . . . and I'm okay to be wrong 😁

I think the key question is can we make a significant amount of more money by going off campus for the top 10 teams? That might not always be the case but for games against the Big3 we probably make more at Ray Jay (even with the Glazer’s pockets). Of course I get your point but many teams may not play us in a smaller venue as well. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Sinis75 said:

I read a series of three articles from the Oracle. Someone posted had link to it on one of the blogs. I can't find it now. I think it was in the Conf. Rumors and Tweet post. The Oracle article was written in a series of three posts and each post was written by a different person associated with the school. The second post was from a former Prof that mentioned the relationship between Tampa ans USF was not the best. Can someone find it and repost that link?

Sounds like the Doomsday posts at TDS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think the key question is can we make a significant amount of more money by going off campus for the top 10 teams? That might not always be the case but for games against the Big3 we probably make more at Ray Jay (even with the Glazer’s pockets). Of course I get your point but many teams may not play us in a smaller venue as well. 

Since USF would not be under contract with the Bucs it would come down to scheduling and a one and done contract. I would guess that such a contract would be a bit higher than what we have now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Since USF would not be under contract with the Bucs it would come down to scheduling and a one and done contract. I would guess that such a contract would be a bit higher than what we have now.

That’s a good point. The college out of conference games are scheduled years in advanced but with four of them there is some flexibility. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

16 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Yeah, especially since we're not part of the community that funded that community stadium and the river of money it delivers to the Glazers.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

It's a simple finance exercise to demonstrate the monumental value of an OCS. I personally would prefer to go to Ray Jay. I live 4 miles from it, I can access it easily, it has great video screens, great seats, and great clubs/suites. That being said, the monetization opportunity for our own building is **** near infinitely better than at Ray Jay. To those that said tickets will be higher...I'm sure that SOME tickets could be higher but the revenue opportunities outside of tickets should be far greater than tickets alone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

41 minutes ago, mj796 said:

To those that said tickets will be higher...I'm sure that SOME tickets could be higher

Some tickets .......

USF 2021 Season tix prices

Kanigit 2020 Season tix prices

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Yeah, especially since we're not part of the community that funded that community stadium and the river of money it delivers to the Glazers.  

Speak for yourself. They got my share until 4 years ago.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

wow, surprised that c floridas club level is twice as much as ours.