• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Michael Kelly said one option is to put it at the track stadium's location and then create a new T&F complex.  I like the idea of having it close to both the dorms and the athletic district.

Same

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Michael Kelly said one option is to put it at the track stadium's location and then create a new T&F complex.  I like the idea of having it close to both the dorms and the athletic district.

dibs on the tailgate spot at Castor beach

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

dibs on the tailgate spot at Castor beach

Haha…I think that will fit two or three tailgates tops, so get there early . 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I think if they are looking at also adding retail and dorms to the project. There are two spots the sire by Fowler and Bruce B Downs or a new site using the Sycamore fields. I’m thinking the second one fits better since it’s closer to Athletics and current student housing. I wouldn’t move the Track stadium but you have plenty of space using the Sycamore Fields and land next to Fletcher. They can also use the land by the recreation basketball and tennis courts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

On 9/14/2021 at 9:51 AM, bullstampede9922 said:

Seems like just yesterday they were doing the first feasibility study.   Sad thing is that they spent money for a "study" and hired someone for this design and renderings when the $$$ issue should have been solved first.  I guess at the time, it made us all feel warm and fuzzy thinking an OCS was just around the corner.  I won't believe anything until I see a shovel in the ground.  

To raise $$$ you need to know how much ... and people you ask for Big $$$ like to see these things.  This was the right order... but yeah, we're still years away.  It took 4 years for the $22 million IPF... this will cost 10x that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, Sinis75 said:

I know this is a study. However, in another blog post it was mentioned that USF does not have good ties with the City of Tampa. Here is an opportunity to change that. I originally wanted the stadium over by the Sun Dome. Now I am rethinking that for the corner of Fowler and Bruce B downs. If USF add the stadium there it is making more sense to add some pedestrian overpasses. Just like the one by MOSI.  This allows for walking to the Yeungling Brewery, the Mall, and other restaurants. The better the area the more tax dollars for the City. There needs to be a comprehensive partnership between USF and Tampa. 

If I were a betting man, this would be the location I expect... very little to change to make it fit there.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

Check out Jacksonville States $80 mil  renovation to there stadium.  Really cool with building dorms into it.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,882
  • Days Won:  33

26 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

To raise $$$ you need to know how much ... and people you ask for Big $$$ like to see these things.  This was the right order... but yeah, we're still years away.  It took 4 years for the $22 million IPF... this will cost 10x that.

That will come soon. Thankfully, we have the right people in place to get this going and begin asking for the "Big $$$". I have already heard from so many different people about this project, who did not want to support the IPF, so I think our fund raising for the OCS will not take as long as you might think.

I hope we can count on your support. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Sinis75 said:

know this is a study. However, in another blog post it was mentioned that USF does not have good ties with the City of Tampa.

Would be interesting to see what that's based upon ....